cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone own a Bounder?

Forest66
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at a 2015 Bounder 35k and wanted to get some input on others who own that or other Bounder models
16 REPLIES 16

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
WILDEBILL308 wrote:
RLS7201 wrote:
Andy F wrote:
When did the Bounder manufacturer Fleetwood change ownership and become part of the large REV group? Was it through bankruptcy or just a buy-out/outright purchase? And has the quality changed since than or stayed the same?

The quality and concept changed right after John Crean (Fleetwood founding Father) retired. From about 2000 on, Fleetwood changed from usability and durability to fluff. My old 95 Bounder has never had any thing fall off, from lack of quality. The ol gal ain't purdy but she is still rolling. No full body paint, no slides, but she held together at -7F with out freezing.
Just like 96Bounder30E, I can't imagine starting over.

Richard

I think quality has increased since REV bought them. No they weren't in bankruptcy at the time. I have a 2003 38N what fluf are we talking about?
Bill

Well one thing that comes to mind is the shower surround coming loose from the wall. Oh, and the front cabinets coming loose from the ceiling and the dash coming loose at the ends. All this from 2000 on. Stop by the Yahoo/Bounder forum, spend a few days reading and you'll get the idea.
If you want a real feel for what happened to Fleetwood, buy John Crean's autobiography. The Wheel and I.
I just noticed, your 38N is probably a diesel and may not have the same problems as the gassers.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

WILDEBILL308
Explorer II
Explorer II
RLS7201 wrote:
Andy F wrote:
When did the Bounder manufacturer Fleetwood change ownership and become part of the large REV group? Was it through bankruptcy or just a buy-out/outright purchase? And has the quality changed since than or stayed the same?

The quality and concept changed right after John Crean (Fleetwood founding Father) retired. From about 2000 on, Fleetwood changed from usability and durability to fluff. My old 95 Bounder has never had any thing fall off, from lack of quality. The ol gal ain't purdy but she is still rolling. No full body paint, no slides, but she held together at -7F with out freezing.

Richard

I think quality has increased since REV bought them. No they weren't in bankruptcy at the time. I have a 2003 38N what fluf are we talking about?
Bill
2008 Newmar Mountain Aire
450 HP CUMMINS ISM
ALLISON 4000 MH TRANSMISSION
TOWING 2014 HONDA CRV With Blue Ox tow bar
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
I don't own a Bounder, but I went to the Tacoma RV Show last night and they had a very attractive price on a new Bounder @ $89,999.00 for a new 35 foot coach.

Forest66
Explorer
Explorer
ljr869 wrote:
I have a 35H, similar floor plan. The feature you'll love the most is the rear master bathroom. You usually only find that in much larger motorhomes.

One of the reasons I bought it!

ljr869
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 35H, similar floor plan. The feature you'll love the most is the rear master bathroom. You usually only find that in much larger motorhomes.
Jim
2009 Fleetwood Bounder 35H
Ford V-10 w/ Banks

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
Andy F wrote:

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

Andy_F
Explorer
Explorer
Andy
2018 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 36LA
2012 Keystone Bullet 281BHS-Sold
2008 Toyota Sequoia-Sold
ProPride 3P - what a hitch!-Sold

Nights camped in 2017=42
Nights camped in 2018=32
Nights camper in 2019=30
Nights camped in 2020=17

96Bounder30E
Explorer II
Explorer II
My '96 is getting old... But I dread the thought of starting over..... I think I'll keep it until I can't get parts for it......
Eric
96 Bounder 30E-F53(460)
stock Ford intake w/K&N air filter
used Thorley headers
new Banks resonator, muffler, tail pipe and 4" polished SS exhaust tip

flyfishingfool
Explorer
Explorer
We own a 2013 Bounder 36R and love it.

w4phj
Explorer
Explorer
Have had great luck with Bounders. Present coach broke its fuel gauge level transmitter but haven't had any major issues.
2021 Winnebago View 24J
2021 Ram pick up
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Ham Radio Extra Class Volunteer Examiner
FAA A&P License

1969 Plymouth Road Runner

philandterri
Explorer
Explorer
We are on our third Bounder. 1994(don't remember the model), a 1996 34J and now a 2006 32W. We have been happy with them all.

malexander
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2007 Bounder 38N DP. 330 Cat, I've put about 4,000 miles on it.

I bought it this past February. So far, I couldn't be happier. It seems like the perfect coach for us.

As soon as I got it home, I had EVERYTHING serviced, front end aligned, put on 6 new tires. This way, I know exactly what I'm starting out with.

There wasn't any service records to speak of when I bought it. At 13,500 miles, there wasn't anything prior needing serviced. There was an oil change receipt in the maintenance records.
2007 Fleetwood Bounder 38N 330 Cat DP, 2008 GL1800 Goldwing, Cessna 150 & 172, Rans S6S Coyote, Vans RV9A. Lifetime NRA, EAA, Good Sam member

CG_Dawson
Explorer
Explorer
Have a 2003 Bounder 32W, bought new. Has been a great rig for us.
Happy RV'ing!!

Greg & Jackie
2003 Bounder, 32W / Ford V10 / 2 Slides
Toad: 2004 Saturn L300, Brake Buddy

WILDEBILL308
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bounders give a lot of bang for the price.
Bill
2008 Newmar Mountain Aire
450 HP CUMMINS ISM
ALLISON 4000 MH TRANSMISSION
TOWING 2014 HONDA CRV With Blue Ox tow bar
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain