cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

awning bracket

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II

I don't understand why the one in the rear twists the bracket like this. It was pop riveted and I added the machine bolt as the hole was slightly larger than a 3/16 rivet.

5 REPLIES 5

4x4van
Explorer III
Explorer III
The holes in the foot itself have to be significantly elongated to allow it to pivot like that. I see no way for the other foot (the one that is still riveted) to pivot; it is up tight against the leg. The problem side is not up tight; that means that the inner holes are not positioned the same. So tightening the bolt is not the issue; the position of the inner holes is the issue.

Take the bolt that you installed out and let's see the inner part of that foot. Better yet, drill out the rivet on the good one and let's see both to compare; that will answer the question. The Gorilla epoxy may hold, but I would bet that it's only a temporary fix.
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
j-d wrote:
For some reason, that part doesn't look like any I've seen. We have a Carefree right now and it doesn't look like that. But I don't remember our 8500 A&E looking like that either.

The bottom part, lets call that the foot, connects to the side of the coach. it pivots unless you can get it tight enough.Space restrictions on the inside make that difficult. I can't get a pop rivet to hold it tight enough, I used some gorilla epoxy and tightened the tar out of the screws, I think it may work.

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
For some reason, that part doesn't look like any I've seen. We have a Carefree right now and it doesn't look like that. But I don't remember our 8500 A&E looking like that either.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
4x4van wrote:
The part extending inside the leg is obviously broken.

It's not broken. The lower 'pad' swivels on the leg. What bugs me is the front is pop riveted with some cheesy 3/16 rivets. I tried to replace with some more cheesy 3/16 rivets but it didn't help. I then used the machine screws and it helped for awhile.

4x4van
Explorer III
Explorer III
The part extending inside the leg is obviously broken.
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II