cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Battery Question

ntjpmm
Explorer
Explorer
Edited to add: The battery is fine, the Charge Wizard did it's job and the battery was fully charged and perfect. I on the other hand am a dork. I forgot that I had hit the "Battery Disconnect" switch yesterday and of course today I wasn't getting any power when I disconnected from Shore power so I thought the battery had died. Thank you though for all the input.

So I need help with a Battery Question, if the House battery in my coach is a Full River, Deep Cycle Dry Battery do I have to replace it with the same type?

I ask as apparently when money was no object we bought and had this battery installed, (probably because I told the person I did not want to have to deal with it, as it is in a very annoyingly difficult to deal with area.

We have a very good family friend who works at a Battery store and can get us a very nice discount, but it is still a big chunk of change to replace same for same. He is getting a new job (waiting for the last minute details and his start date) so he will be leaving and so will our discount so if I need to replace this I want to do it NOW!

I think the current battery is a 2009 and right now it is dead, I have it hooked up to a charger and am hopeful that it will come back, but seeing as how we just had to replace the engine battery I think it might also need to be replaced. BUT I do not want to pay that much again.

So my question is do you have a battery you recommend for the house battery? I do not want to add water as like I said it is in a difficult spot, but I am adding a Battery Minder to it so I can keep it in good shape.

Thanks for the help, Tracy in WA
Tracy in WA
1999 Fourwinds 31S
1997 Geo Metro
Falcon 2/Brakebuddy
18 REPLIES 18

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
I googled "Full River, Deep Cycle Dry Battery" and found they do supply AGM batteries. I don't know if they also sell other types. If you google the same perhaps you can find your battery and determine it's type.
Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
ntjpmm wrote:
Is what I already have an AGM?
Yes, from a google search, it is.
ntjpmm wrote:
...a Maintenance free that I do not have to add water too and it was $149 (although I got a very nice discount and paid about half of that)
This may help: battery faq page

Maintenance Free and AGM, as I understand it, are not necessarily the same thing.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

ntjpmm
Explorer
Explorer
Is what I already have an AGM? I ask as the new battery I bought for the Engine is a Maintenance free that I do not have to add water too and it was $149 (although I got a very nice discount and paid about half of that) I just do not know enough to know if the house battery can be a different kind.

Tracy in WA
Tracy in WA
1999 Fourwinds 31S
1997 Geo Metro
Falcon 2/Brakebuddy

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
ntjpmm wrote:
BUT I do not want to pay that much again.... I do not want to add water as like I said it is in a difficult spot
You won't like paying for an AGM battery either, but, for your specific situation, I think it's a good idea.

No watering, ever.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman