cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bolts, nuts vs. cotter pin set up on roof vent covers?

JoeRT04
Explorer
Explorer
I recently cleaned my vent covers on my rig and noticed that my Fantastic Fan cover had a fancy cotter pin hinge set up. Quite convenient, easy to remove. But, the other vents above the bedroom and bath had bolts with a washer and split washer. Those are a PITA. One nut would not screw off the bolt. (There's always one, right?) I had to hacksaw the bolt off to get the cover off. :h
Has anyone replaced all the bolts with a type of bolt with a hole and then inserted a cotter pin set up? It has to work so the cover is on securely but easy to remove when needed. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you. ๐Ÿ™‚
2015 Class B Roadtrek Zion
2 REPLIES 2

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Any chance you could post a photo of it? I believe I know what you are talking about but they differ on different coaches.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
Seems like a reasonable thing to do. Tractor Supply has the hardware (the cross-drilled bolts/pins and the hairpin clips), doubtless among other places.