cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cabin temperature monitor

AikenRacer
Explorer
Explorer
We have two dogs that we leave in the motorhome for several hours at a time while at the beach, dining, etc. We are concerned that if the AC should trip off for some reason the temp would rise to a dangerous level in the motorhome. I am looking for a unit that would call our cell phones in the event of a high temp. I know these are on the market but would like some comments on some of them that you guys might have experience with. pros and cons.
Thanks!
2012 Tuscany 42RQ tag
2005 Silverado 2500 w/ piggy back golf cart
22 REPLIES 22

cruiserjs
Explorer
Explorer
We love dogs! But;
"We have two dogs that we leave in the motorhome for several hours at a time while at the beach, dining, etc"
We never would do such a thing to a family member!! If you have to go out and leave them -- leave them at HOME!!
Colorado Cruiser
Cruiser CF29CK 5th wheel; 2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD, 2wd, short bed
wonderful lifetime traveling companion/spouse

et2
Explorer
Explorer
http://thormotorcoach.com/media/documents/2013-Tuscany-Flyer-10-2012.pdf

https://www.cumminsonan.com/autostart/faq/

If your referring to the Tuscany in your sig, it has the the 8kw quiet diesel and shows it with the auto feature in the brochure. You probably have it and don't even know it. Go to this link and download the setup procedure

et2
Explorer
Explorer
AikenRacer wrote:
I do have 3 ac units but not an auto start generator...don't know why they left that feature out....

Get your generator model and find a fit kit to do this. They're are out there for most Onan I believe.

nevadanick
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.temperaturealert.com, there are others also. I googled high temp notification.

et2
Explorer
Explorer
We don't have one. But from what I've seen you need some or all of the following,

Power ( battery backup time?)
Land line ( to send alert from MH)
Cell phone ( to send alert from MH)
Internet access
Within cell tower range

Could be more, but that's what I could see. If the power ( pedestal) goes out some generators can be programmed to be set to start if the temp drops to your preset tempurature. Of course if the AC's are tripped for some other reason than won't work either.

AikenRacer
Explorer
Explorer
I do have 3 ac units but not an auto start generator...don't know why they left that feature out....
2012 Tuscany 42RQ tag
2005 Silverado 2500 w/ piggy back golf cart

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have three ACs and a auto start generator... pretty sure you do to so this is not something I worry about, even being gone all day. How much can a 42' MH increase in temp in a couple of hours with the 12V roof vents set to come on if the temp goes up?
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...