cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing string lights

msg1951
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 03 American Eagle with some over head string lights that need to be changed. It seems to be a challenge but I don't want to pay $110 an hour to have them changed.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve
7 REPLIES 7

B_s_Bunch
Explorer
Explorer
msg1951 Mine look like the letter P laying down on the long end if that makes sence. The leds are in the circle of the P and the flat part is stapled to the wood trim. I would believe a good pair of side cutters dykes come to mind would allow you to pull several of the staples and the rest may come up with the light strip. I lost count after 100,000,000 but there are plenty used. If you could find a stapler short enough to fit between the cieling and the trim you could lay the new ones out and re staple. I dont think it would be a big problem. Getting a stapler that you could fit may be a problem. They were small staples. Good luck Larry
Larry,Brenda,Travis,Jarred & MEME the Boston Terror:E TheBunch 2011 American Coach Revolution 42T:C The Double Wide

msg1951
Explorer
Explorer
Make that $1.80 per foot, my bad.

msg1951
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Larry,

Yes the rope lights are available. I do know that Buddy Gregg RV in Knoxville has them, I believe they're $180.00 per foot

B_s_Bunch
Explorer
Explorer
Have you checked to see if there is replacement lights or are you going to have to replace them with another type. On ours they appear to just be attached behind the trim. I will have to check out how they are attached and get back. Larry
Larry,Brenda,Travis,Jarred & MEME the Boston Terror:E TheBunch 2011 American Coach Revolution 42T:C The Double Wide

msg1951
Explorer
Explorer
Inside/over head

barnaclebill
Explorer
Explorer
I think he means rope lights in the ceiling, mine has several but have never changed them.
2009 Monaco Camelot 42PDQ
425 Cummins
Chevy Equinox or Tracker
Blue Ox towing

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
Interior or awning?
“All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.”