cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Checking out 110V system in 1998 Roadtrek

Jonathan_Clemen
Explorer
Explorer
I am a bit nervous about checking the function of several 110V appliances in my 1998 Roadtrek; 6500 BTU air conditioner (7.5 amp), Panasonic Microwave (7 Amp), and Dometic Fridge. They haven't been used for about two years. I'd be plugging into one of my home 15 amp grounded circuit plugs within reach of the vehicle's 110V cable. The circuit has easily handled a 10,000 BTU 15 Amp air conditioner so I think using this circuit should be OK. I'd be trying each appliance separately.

I'm just wondering if there are any precautions I should be taking in the vehicle and cabin itself when I do this. Also should I turn on the cabin battery switch when I do this or does it matter?

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

Jonathan_Clemen
Explorer
Explorer
We went through the routine with the breakers and everything turned on and appeared to work on 110V with the possible exception of the fridge. We need to get RV level and give it some time to see if it is working.

Jonathan_Clemen
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks very much for your response,donn0128. I will do that and hope for the best.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Shut off all the breakers before you plug in, then reset one breaker at a time to test that circuit. Once your satisfied it is correct, bring the next one in. Continue until you have everything working. At least thats how we do it in the industry.