cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Class A Axis/Vegas

Capeteacher
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have any thoughts on the new Thor Axis/Vegas? I am researching RV's and these look interesting. Comparing them to small Class C's.
36 REPLIES 36

donrebyct
Explorer
Explorer
I know this is an old thread, but it seems to have stopped March 2014 I've been looking for follow-up details of one of the posters complaints. And what about the posters trip to Cape May.

I just saw a Vegas at the Little Rock RV show, and it looks great, at least while at the RV show.

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
Capeteacher wrote:
so after reviewing the specs over and over again, I didn't see anything about a spare tire. does it have a spare tire? What do you do if you get a flat tire?

There are very few MH's anymore that have a spare. You can't change it yourself so why lug it around and take up precious cargo space? Get coachnet. In the event of a blowout they'll bring you one (you pay for the tire) but changing a blowout is covered.
2013 ACE 29.2

Capeteacher
Explorer
Explorer
so after reviewing the specs over and over again, I didn't see anything about a spare tire. does it have a spare tire? What do you do if you get a flat tire?

aero77
Explorer
Explorer
Capeteacher wrote:
are there any other seat belts besides the ones on the captain chairs?

The sofa has seatbelts.

Capeteacher
Explorer
Explorer
are there any other seat belts besides the ones on the captain chairs?

ahamade
Explorer
Explorer
VietVet1 wrote:
To all Thor Axis/Vegas owners and those who wish to be owners. My personal experience thus far (bought one 03/04/2014) has not been a good one, setting aside my personal issues with Thor and Camping World which I am giving them full opportunity to resolve. I want to discuss and important process or lack of, that is:
PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE.

Preventive Maintenance before, during, after a trip and while in extended storage should be a part of owning any vehicle, especially a MH. If you own an Axis/Vegas I highly suggest you open the engine compartment hood and if you can locate the most common of items to perform PM. Look for the oil dip stick, oil filler neck, trans dip stick, trans filler neck, engine air filter box and battery among other items. Locate them, touch them, remove and replace them. If your thinking of buying I strongly recommend you go to a dealer with one in stock and you do the same thing. After you accomplish my task respond back to my post and tell me what your impressions are.

I know where my oil dip stick is, my oil filler, & my battery. I don't know where anything that has to do with the transmission. I would love to know what your hinting at?

For the record I have had to call Thor a few times regarding my RV and they have been very helpful. One time I blew a fuse on the back of the radio and the guy walked me through replacing it.

Capeteacher
Explorer
Explorer
Reservation made at Holly Shores CG in Cape May to try out the Axis. Walked around the grounds to check out the site. Saw where the hook ups are. Now to determine what I need to bring.

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
dakasa47 wrote:
I was looking at this RV today as I am retiring in June and husband is already retired. We have a 21ft travel trailer but we are thinking about getting something a little bigger and easier to handle. The Axis seems to fit most of the things we are looking for. The only problem is that my husband is dead set against anything constructed with OSB. Can anyone tell me if the floor of the Axis is sob or plywood or composite?
Thank you

David and Marianne
2010 Tundra
2007 FunFinder 21'

What's wrong with osb?
2013 ACE 29.2

aero77
Explorer
Explorer
I figure this might be the right thread. I have ordered a 2015 V and was curious if there was a way to find out how far in the process of being built it is. Does the dealer follow up on this or they call me when it's on the lot? Will the manufacterer know if I contact them?

Newbie questions. ๐Ÿ˜„

Gamoore
Explorer
Explorer
I do not know why your husband would have problems with OSB as the subfloor material. Our motor home is 13 years old and we have been living in it for the entire time and have had no problems with the OSB subfloor in ours. Three years ago we replaced all the floor covering and the OSB still looked new.
Diesel Driver
2001 37' Harney Renegade Classic
330 HP CAT
2014 Chevy Malibu LTZ

Gamoore
Explorer
Explorer
According to the Axis brochure the floor structure is OSB over steel framing.
Diesel Driver
2001 37' Harney Renegade Classic
330 HP CAT
2014 Chevy Malibu LTZ

dakasa47
Explorer
Explorer
ooops....I meant OSB
David and Marianne
2010 Tundra
2007 FunFinder 21'

dakasa47
Explorer
Explorer
I was looking at this RV today as I am retiring in June and husband is already retired. We have a 21ft travel trailer but we are thinking about getting something a little bigger and easier to handle. The Axis seems to fit most of the things we are looking for. The only problem is that my husband is dead set against anything constructed with OSB. Can anyone tell me if the floor of the Axis is sob or plywood or composite?
Thank you

David and Marianne
2010 Tundra
2007 FunFinder 21'
David and Marianne
2010 Tundra
2007 FunFinder 21'

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
Capeteacher wrote:
Effy wrote:
Capeteacher wrote:
So I sent in my rental agreement for June. I am excited to try out RVing. I am also researching and trying to decide how I will get around once I park the RV. I didn't want to tow another vehicle, I was thinking about a scooter on the hitch. Do any CGs, especially around tourist sites, have shuttle services to sites? Or has anyone ever used taxi service to get into towns or to sites? Thanks for all your help.

Yes all of the above and it depends on the park and the season. Many CG's have a shuttle, a bus, car rental facilities, I doubt you could tow anything on a rental RV (they won't let you) and the hitch on the axis may not support a scooter nor will the rental comapany let you do that either. If you did and they didn't know and something breaks, that would be costly. Pick your destination call the CG and see what they have. Worst case rent a car for a few days once you get there. Often they'll come pick you up. You really do not want to be setting up camp, then unhooking everything and driving the RV to places only to have to set up camp again.

My mistake. I don't intend to tow or hitch a scooter to the rental I was referring down the line if I really do buy the Axis. Are there any to look at that would list CGs that have services?

Some CG's will show on their specific sites but you pretty much have to pick a destination. ANy place will have a car rental nearby. Pick where you want to go (general) and start a thread about the CG's there and the ammenities.
2013 ACE 29.2