cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Class A Built for Two?

Diver4242
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for suggestions for smallish class A models that we should consider. It's just my wife and I, and we'd use it for long weekends and week or so vacations at first, and then in about two years or so we'd like to snowbird. I had a 30' C from 2004-2009, my wife is a newbie. We don't want a big rig, were considering B or B+ but in looking at a few models we'd get much more for less money in a smaller A, especially since we want to spend extended time in it in the near future. We will probably be looking at well-loved late model used gas models, but we will be at Hershey so that's why I'm looking at suggestions for what models you nice folks would recommend, to make the use of our one day there and do research in advance.
35 REPLIES 35

HighwayJunky
Explorer
Explorer
Suggest take a look at the Newmar Baystar 3501. Its a little larger than I think you want but if you like a king size bed this is the one. The design strongly suggests three living areas separating the kitchen area from the living area to the bedroom. Easy to get around in and feels larger than it really is. We love ours and bought for the same reason you are looking. No Kids, No pets, just the two of us.

Here's a link: http://www.newmarcorp.com/motor-coaches/gas/bay-star/floorplan-options/
2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD
2012 Fiat Pop Toad
One wife
No pets
No complaints
No Worries (except keeping wife happy!!)
Fulltime jobhttps://www.rv.net/SharedContent/cfb/images/rolleyes.gif

FunTwoDrv
Explorer
Explorer
Friends added a Vegas to complement their 40' pusher. They wanted it to do short trips without the toad. Seems to work well for them.
We looked at the Georgetown 24w3 at a local show... king bed with an open feel. DW liked!

Gary

CWDoc115
Explorer
Explorer
We've been FTing in our 32T for more than 1 yr & the only piece of knowledge I could have used prior to that purchase, was the makes & models of the units that have 1 1/2 baths in the floorplans....

gsf35099
Explorer
Explorer
dons2346 wrote:
Our 40ft will party a bunch but only sleeps two.

DW & I say "party - 6, feed - 4, sleep - 2". Haha
2005 Damon Astoria 3679
300 Cummins ISB 5.9, Allison auto 5 speed

Life is to short not to have a good time and enjoy!!!

computerbug
Explorer
Explorer
We have the 2015 FR3 28ft and love it. The rear bed is a king size, the table is big, and the couch has 2 recliners. Drives like an SUV. We kept our toad but have only used it twice. Good luck in your search.

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a 31' Winnebago Sightseer with one slide and it worked fine. We now have a 33' Diesel with 2 slides and we full time in it with no problem.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
IMHO, I wouldn't buy anything under 25' in length!

puttd
Explorer
Explorer
You could try looking at the 30mfoot b+'s, esp those with the opposing slides in the front. I looked a couple years ago and the shorter a's seemed designed to fit as many rug rats as possible in the cheapest platform. Dont know if thats whats behind thebquestion.

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
"FHU" = full hook ups
Our 40ft will party a bunch but only sleeps two.

catkins
Explorer II
Explorer II
Look carefully at storage capacity. When you start being in the RV for more than a week or more, you will find you will want more options for clothes and more. Remember that the driver's and passenger seat in a class A become part of the "front" room furniture. When we snow bord we need warm and cool/cold weather clothing.

To us Class A's offer better visibility driving, more comfort and flexibility, more storage capacity and MUCH larger storage tanks. Your need may be very different than ours. Good luck in your search for your perfect RV!

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
I'm thinking at downsizing to something like This
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Full Hook Up
13 of the 21 days no power or water... Off grid.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...

Diver4242
Explorer
Explorer
What's FHU? Good point on the tanks, another B concern. Although we expect to be hooked up almost all the time, with little boondocking. Hot water would be a concern, the wife does take a longer shower than I do. Prefers a bath, but that ain't happening in an RV (at least yet).

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Check the size of the tanks... In the 21 days of our current trip to the West I've had FHU three times. No way would I consider a B with small tanks for that reason alone and then you through in Snowbirding.

Remember the saying about RVing in retirement. Twice the husband on one half the income and 1/10 the space... could be 1/20th the space.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...

Diver4242
Explorer
Explorer
Funny comment, Richard, I like it! The wife and I aren't big people and we do very well in close spaces. In fact, the closer the better 🙂 We just need room to stretch out, relax, work and she's pretty easy but she mandated that she's not sitting on the toilet to take a shower. The Bishon is a very loving dog and likes close proximity too, always wants to be on the lap.