cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Class A Lots in FL

BigGuy82
Explorer
Explorer
I'm pretty new to the forums, so if I'm in the wrong one to start this discussion, please let me know.

My wife and I are about to become 6 + 1ers from the great land of taxes, New York state. We've got a 40' Itasca Solei pusher and I'm looking to purchase a lot within a two hour radius from Miami where we have family. Ocean nearby is not a necessity but is preferred. The most important things are security and pleasant surroundings.

We've been all over the internet but it does get confusing because we really don't know the area, especially since lots range from 50K to 1m+. We are going down in July for the birth of our 6th grandchild and will have some time to scout lots at that time.

Does anyone have any suggestions for great locations with a good reputation where we can start? Any realtor/broker references? Better yet, anyone got anything for sale?

As I said, if this is in the wrong forum or I'm somehow off base, please let me know.
Vietnam Veteran
2016 Itasca Solei 38R (To Be Delivered 6/1/15
2014 Honda Gold Wing
2003 50th Anniversary Corvette convertible
17 REPLIES 17

67Cutlass
Explorer
Explorer
Check out The Great Outdoors RV - Nature - Golf Resort.

Everything from $45+k RV sites to multi-million dollar homes with RV garages. All properties are RV related. TGO is huge! Tons of security and actiivities. Located near Titusville and Cape Canaveral/Kennedy Space Center.
2012 Phaeton 40QBH
2015 Jeep Cherokee
SMI Air Force One
Retired USAF - CEVG and AFTAC
Member of Tiffin RV Network Forum

BigGuy82
Explorer
Explorer
w4phj wrote:
Ocean Resorts on A1A north of Ft. Pierce might be a good location for you. Ocean, private beach, marina, tennis, huge pool, and etc. This resort is a private co-op and not listed in any CG directory.

Disclaimer: I own there and my lot is NOT for sale.

Thanks for the info. Also, I see by your signature block that you have a '69 Road Runner. I bought a '69 GTX when I got back from 'Nam ... best damn car I ever owned. 440, 4 speed, posi - fast like a bullet. I still hate myself for selling it. I've got a 2003 'vette now, but I still miss that GTX ...
Vietnam Veteran
2014 Honda Gold Wing

BigGuy82
Explorer
Explorer
w4phj wrote:
Ocean Resorts on A1A north of Ft. Pierce might be a good location for you. Ocean, private beach, marina, tennis, huge pool, and etc. This resort is a private co-op and not listed in any CG directory.

Thanks for the info. Also, I see by your signature block that you have a '69 Road Runner. I bought a '69 GTX when I got back from 'Nam ... best damn car I ever owned. 440, 4 speed, posi - fast like a bullet. I still hate myself for selling it. I've got a 2003 'vette now, but I still miss that GTX ...
Vietnam Veteran
2014 Honda Gold Wing

w4phj
Explorer
Explorer

2021 Winnebago View 24J
2021 Ram pick up
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Ham Radio Extra Class Volunteer Examiner
FAA A&P License

1969 Plymouth Road Runner

two-niner
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with trying the Gulf Coast anywhere south of Fort Myers. Life is way slower than driving I-95 down to Miami. Daughter lives in Fort Lauderdale.

Then again, it depends on your financial situation. Maybe renting an apartment in NY. You gotta downsize sometime.

You may first want to contact a Taxman!!

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
FormerBoater wrote:
Stanmawyer wrote:
Check out Aztec RV Resort in the Ft Lauderdale area. Prices are quite varied, but the resort is very nice.

X2...it is inland in Margate, FL....but you would never know it as it is surrounded by canals, has 2 large swimming pools and many other amenities.

Monthly and annual rentals plus lots for sale.

Aztec is indeed very nice, but when we were there, we were the only English speaking people in the area where we were parked. Unlike Miami which is Spanish, Aztec is French. Nothing wrong with that, just a bit of a challenge. Time for a couple copies of Rosetta Stone !
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

FormerBoater
Explorer
Explorer
Stanmawyer wrote:
Check out Aztec RV Resort in the Ft Lauderdale area. Prices are quite varied, but the resort is very nice.

X2...it is inland in Margate, FL....but you would never know it as it is surrounded by canals, has 2 large swimming pools and many other amenities.

Monthly and annual rentals plus lots for sale.
Dave
1998 American Eagle 40EVS

Bob_Shaw
Explorer
Explorer
Big Guy, if you're not interested in being too close to the beach, I would suggest checking-out the Sebring/Avon Park area. There are a number of nice parks in the area and some will sell RV lots. Check-out Lake Bonnet Village, which is a coop where you pay about $30k to join (which you can sell when you leave) plus whatever someone wants for the lot.

Sebring is about 2-2 1/2 hours from Miami and central to many of the Florida attractions, about 1 1/2 hours south of Disney, and easy access to 4 cruise terminals (Miami, Ft Lauderdale, Canaveral, and Tampa).

We have a park model trailer in a small park called Lake Letta RV Park, which only rents sites and does not sell, but the lot rent is less than a lot of place' condo or maintenance fees. The park and area is surrounded by lakes, orange groves and cattle ranches, and there are a couple of Walmarts, Home Depot, Lowes and a mall within about 5-6 miles. Nothing fancy, but, a great place to spend the winter.

As a side note, I would definitely recommend renting for a year or so before you decide to buy. Your decision as to where to go, or whether to stay may change a lot in that time, and it's a lot easier to get out of a rental. JMHO

xctraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Escaping Rochester NY winter and taxes requires a bit more than 6+1. The winter is the easy part, we have stayed south of the snow line for 14 years. The taxes are another story. You might look into Escapees.com look for "becoming a Texan" which applies to Florida as well.

We have made the change of domicile from Rochester with legal advice and so long as you maintain the house in Rochester you need to do a lot of other things right to keep NY off your back. If you sell the house and let go of every other attachment to NY it is easier.

This is no help for finding a place in FL I know. We stay out of FL to the extent possible and spend our winters in the southwest.
Paul
2012 Phaeton 36QSH on Freightliner Chassis with a Cummins 380 pushing it. 2011 Cherry Red Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with US Gear Unified Tow Brake System. Check out my blog
FMCA 352081 SKP# 99526

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
BigGuy82 wrote:
I'm pretty new to the forums, so if I'm in the wrong one to start this discussion, please let me know.

My wife and I are about to become 6 + 1ers from the great land of taxes, New York state. We've got a 40' Itasca Solei pusher and I'm looking to purchase a lot within a two hour radius from Miami where we have family. Ocean nearby is not a necessity but is preferred. The most important things are security and pleasant surroundings.

We've been all over the internet but it does get confusing because we really don't know the area, especially since lots range from 50K to 1m+. We are going down in July for the birth of our 6th grandchild and will have some time to scout lots at that time.

Does anyone have any suggestions for great locations with a good reputation where we can start? Any realtor/broker references? Better yet, anyone got anything for sale?

As I said, if this is in the wrong forum or I'm somehow off base, please let me know.

Well obviously I'm partial to the quiet waters and white sand of the Gulf Coast and the Naples area and it's still a pretty straight shot across Alligator Alley to the other coast. For the extreme high end RV resorts, Naples is the place to be. Bonita Springs is midway between Naples and Fort Myers and have some lesser, but nice RV Parks. So does Fort Myers and everyplace in Between. For lot ownership, there is a small, no frills park that I like in Bonita, off of Beach Rd and about a 1 1/2 miles from the beach... BB T Park... Reviews
For the first year, you might try this one on the Imperial River in Bonita and even though the RV lots are rented or leased, you could use it for a base to look around some. It's nice and pretty much has it all. It's also close to the interstate for quick access across the Alley to Lauderdale and Miami...IBE
Welcome to the forum and don't worry about which one you're on too much, as most with Class A's post here anyway. If you're too far off base, the moderators will move you for better responses, so no worries there.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

Steeljag
Explorer
Explorer
Life is good Ivy, life is good!
2018 Forester 3011DS
2010 Flagstaff 26RLS (Sold)
2012 Ford F-150 Screw Ecoboost H/D 3.73
1930 CCC
Going where the weather suits my clothes !

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Having grown up in WPB and now a snowbird there I'm familiar with most of the options. When you are down (are you taking the MH?) you need to check out VIR as it's the only game in WPB. The problem with WPB is there is too much to do and to many really good places to eat.:B

I-95 in Palm Beach county added two more lanes recently (each direction) and traffic is not a problem, even at rush hour. I figure 1.5 hours to the Port of Miami and usually make it in less than an hour.

VIR was developed decades ago when rigs were smaller so the lots are not as big as Aztec, but at half the price and having mature landscaping it's the best deal around and will exceed your expections. PM me with any questions.

This is how I spend the winter. I need to buy some more shorts and flip flops for next winter.

*PS: Wait six months before you register the RV in Fla or they will want sales tax again. After the first registration a two year tag will be $150 for the MH.
*PSS: There are plenty of motorcycles in the park and plenty of nice days to ride it once you unload it from the back of your PU.:W
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...

Stanmawyer
Explorer
Explorer
All the Best,
Captain Stan
2006 American Heritage 600HP

smacdiesel
Explorer
Explorer
krivanj wrote:

If I was going south full time, your type setup would be ideal, but I'm still keeping the house in Rochester, NY. i've got to get away from the brutal winters and if I'm away more that 6 months, I don't have to pay the ridiculous income taxes levied in this state.

Thanks again.

The savings in taxes just might cover the price of the lot!! I like the way you think!;)
2015 Winnebago Vista 35B
1983 Jeep CJ 8 Scrambler