Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Class A repaint cost any ideas

tourusa
Explorer
Explorer
[img][/img]Morning fellow Rvers

I have an a class in auction after damage and at the point needs a repaint, does anyone know ball park how much and any tips to make sure it’s done right thanks

Picture below
Currently coast to coast
F350 dually 2020
2020 Vanleigh Pinecrest 392MBP
B&W Companion OEM 5th Wheel Hitch for Ford Super Duty Prep Package - Dual Jaw - 25,000 lbs
ITEM # BWRVK3305
19 REPLIES 19

tourusa
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all for your input, I’ve decided to buy a non salvage class A and happy with the jobs which need to happen
Currently coast to coast
F350 dually 2020
B&W Companion OEM 5th Wheel Hitch for Ford Super Duty Prep Package - Dual Jaw - 25,000 lbs
ITEM # BWRVK3305

grldst
Explorer
Explorer
tourusa wrote:
My next question does anyone know this model of class a this is I know it’s on a freightliner chassis thanks

I have bought some RV's from copart with salvage titles.....fixed them up, used them for a while and then resold them.

There are a lot of fees, and additional hoops to jump thru, to get a copart RV licensed and saleable, and likely varies by state.

I live in Georgia. I had to document repairs, get estimates from 2 RV dealers as to what the value of the RV was worth, get it inspected, pay sales tax twice, because I am not a licensed reseller. Some times the fees were more then the cost of the RV, but most of the time I ended up turning a nice profit and enjoyed the use of a RV until it sold. Never had a buyer ever complain about any of my Rv's, and I always made sure they knew they were buying a "salvage title" vehicle.

univmd
Explorer
Explorer
It’s a Gulfstream Tourmaster.
2008 Gulfstream Tourmaster
2011 Honda CRV
Blue Ox Baseplate & Socket Wiring
Blue Ox Alladin Tow Bar
US Gear Unified Tow Brake

donkeydew
Explorer
Explorer
if you have a trade school in your area that teaches auto body you might luck out and find a fresh grad that likes to paint.

MRUSA
Explorer
Explorer
tourusa wrote:
My next question does anyone know this model of class a this is I know it’s on a freightliner chassis thanks

From the photo I would guess it is a Winnebago or its cousin, the Itasca. But they had several models of both and you can't tell that from the photo. If you call Winnebago with the serial number they may have information for you.
Marc, Wellington FL
2013 Entegra Anthem 44SL
2018 Lincoln MKX toad
EEZ-RV tire pressure monitor

mobilefleet
Explorer
Explorer
lot number?

tourusa
Explorer
Explorer

Currently coast to coast
F350 dually 2020
ITEM # BWRVK3305

tourusa
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone had any experience buying from Copart auction with a damage repairable title
Currently coast to coast
F350 dually 2020
ITEM # BWRVK3305

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
Mexico
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

tourusa
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the cost will need to get a survey dome on this as it only has a rebuildable title
Currently coast to coast
F350 dually 2020
ITEM # BWRVK3305

Branson_N_Tucso
Explorer II
Explorer II
Had my DP completely painted. Tolk 3 weeks, they did a factory complete paint job, removing everything off it. Was done up in Burn IL.
15 K. 40 Ft 2003 Providence.

tourusa
Explorer
Explorer
@ferndale flyer, looking at the pictures looks in ok condition, I was going to spend the 180$ on a survey then there is a broker fee because I’m not a dealer it looks like it may be a Winnebago tour
Currently coast to coast
F350 dually 2020
ITEM # BWRVK3305

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Go to one of the Miami Lowriders car shows. I'm sure that you will be able to find a very talented artist that would be glad to paint your rig for thousands less than most shops. If you have ever seen any of the paint jobs on their cars you can see the talent and a lot of them were painted in their own garage or driveway. Having painted a couple of airplanes, cars, motorcycles, and motorhomes I don't worry too much about a vehicle painted outside. That is what color sanding and buffing is for which is to remove any blemishes. Keep in mind that the materials for a good paint job is not cheap.

They usually don't bring much. Right now they are bringing a bit more than usual but only from those with the ability to fix it them selves....if you have to farm it out its just not worth it.`Be careful they are not running up the bid on you as that happens often when they get someone on the hook that just wants it. $12k is enough