cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Class A Roadside Assistance

Jacaroo45
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for recommendation/experience regarding who's best suited for Diesel Pusher Roadside Assistance; Good Sam - Coach-Net - FMCA?
15 REPLIES 15

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
I was just curious what made it more appropriate after a number of posts vs. posting right away. The story, experience and impact would be exactly the same.
It's a great story and a great testimonial to GS.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Bruce_Brown
Bill.Satellite wrote:
OK I have waited for the appropriate time to add my two cents to this topic.

I am curious what makes this time more appropriate than any other. Why not earlier or later?

My guess; appropriate story at the appropriate time relating to the appropriate subject.

As to the OPs question, my only dealings with AAA on a MH would lead me to NOT recommend them.

We had Coachnet, used them once and they were fine.

We currently have GS and fortunately haven't had the need to use it. I hope that continues.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

Blaster_Man
Explorer
Explorer
It's really a toss up. Most ERS providers use the same companies to help you. Plus, it seems all have raised their rates. I had GS for years, they did fine, but nearly doubled their rates when it was time to renew. I caught FMCA during a sale, and got them for three years.
2014 American Eagle

grldst
Explorer
Explorer
Iโ€™ve been RVing for 30 plus years... I use my cell phone.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II

I am curious what makes this time more appropriate than any other. Why not earlier or later?
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.

btilfan
Explorer
Explorer
Good Sam. We had a fuel leak west of Denver. Long story short, they had a mobile tech diagnose the problem, and then towed to OUR choice for the repair (70+ miles). we were very happy with the service.
2007 Damon Astoria Pacifica
My next hobby.

islandvagabonds
Explorer
Explorer
Last year in early Nov just east of Texarkana our diesel shut down. It was a Sunday aft at the start of hunting season. Good Sam was not able to find anyone to help us after many calls backand forth. I asked the call center to document this on file at the time. Now on our own six hours later I was able to get Breeley Tow service in Texarcana to come and get us. The price was rediculous for 70 miles over $2200 cash but what are you going to do with heavy traffic passing by at 70mhr three feet from your rig its getting dark and the DW frazzeled with me not far behind.

OK Breely was pricey but their service was top notch! I would recommend them again.

Here is the cudo for Good Sam. They fully reimbursed the total amount with no nonsense.

All of these roadside service programs operate through call centers. The big issue is do they come through with the cash on a claim.
My vote is still Good Sam. They have helped me in Canada, the US and Mexico over the past 11 years.

BTW the engine control module had failed. Gotta love computers!

Safe travels all and keep well
Bob

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
We are full-time and have coachnet. Pay attention to the plans for any company as many indicate "towable" only coverage. It would not apply to a "motorized" rv. Coachnet does have 2 separate plans based on that as well as many of the others.

We have never needed to use our plan - thank goodness.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have had GS for many years. We have a Prevost bus conversion and have had to be towed twice. Both times, exactly where the manufacturer recommended we be towed for service. Our towed also threw a serpentine belt and we were towed to a local Firestone shop where the belt was replaced in a few hours.

craig7h
Nomad II
Nomad II
I have GS and have for many years with no problem. Over the years I have used it maybe 4 or 5 times all tire related. The thing to remember is its Roadside Assistance not Roadside Repair. There job is to get you to a place to get things fixed.
Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

hotjag1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Many years ago I had Good Sam but they left me stranded with a tire problem. I switched to Coach-Net and had a breakdown with our DP. They were going to tow it to the nearest diesel repair facility which would have been fine except this shop couldn't even look at it for 2 weeks.

I advised Coach-Net that this wouldn't work for me as I was planning on heading south in 2 weeks. They said no problem and towed our motorhome and extra 130 miles to another repair facility that could repair it the next day. There was no charge to me for the extra towing mileage to accommodate my schedule. I doubt GS would do that as they are pretty adamant about towing to the "nearest" repair facility.
hotjag1
2003 40' Allegro Bus, 3 slides, 400hp 8.9 liter ISL Cummins

2000 24' Dynamax Isata

MrWizard
I have (3)
Good Sam
AAA platinum
An Emg road service with my full coverage progressive insurance

Covers the RV and my Scoot
And I have used each one at different times

What ever you get, make sure it has great TOW coverage in case of a breakdown
Basic service with short TOW distance
Becomes very out of the pocket expensive
When the nearest shop that can work on your rv is many miles away
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
With any of them, pay close attention to all the things they DONT cover, and the add on's needed to make it useful.

Two_Hands
Explorer
Explorer
I have FMCA and AAA but have never had to use either for the coach.
2015 Fleetwood Excursion 33D
2016 Grand Cherokee Limited
Retired Law Enforcement
U.S. Army 1965-1973/RVN 1968-'69

I am the frequent recipient of "Get out of the way old man!"