cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Class C RV Bomb

mockturtle
Explorer
Explorer
Having seen the surveillance photo of the RV that exploded in Nashville this morning, I think it looks like a Citation, a Canadian make. Can anyone who has seen the photo confirm or deny this?
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8
46 REPLIES 46

mockturtle
Explorer
Explorer
Hopefully he will donate that $250,000 to a recovery fund for the businesses and residences damaged or destroyed once the inevitable realization that there will be no arrests or convictions is finalized.

Hear, hear!
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

wapiticountry
Explorer
Explorer
Over the past few years the single, 63 year old suspect has given away two homes (one he inherited, plus the one he lived in and owned) to a 29 year old woman who lives in Los Angeles. My bet is he was "Catfished" out of the properties and if AT&T is a motive at all, it was because in his twisted mind their phone and data services were what allowed the catfishing to continue.
On a different note, it is pretty obvious their will be no arrests and convictions for the bombing since the guy apparently died in the explosion. I sure hope the thought when Mr. Lemonis put up his reward money wasn't that there would be no way anyone could ever claim it since the criteria he laid out would never be met. Hopefully he will donate that $250,000 to a recovery fund for the businesses and residences damaged or destroyed once the inevitable realization that there will be no arrests or convictions is finalized.

GDS-3950BH
Explorer
Explorer
I bet the Bureau of ATF is monitoring these boards to obtain clues from the RVnet CSI contingent LOL.

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
....based on the scant information already in the media, my bet would be disgruntled employee. Probably a one off situation. If I was investigating this one, this would be the angle I would pursue.
Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
According to news the bomber parked the RV next to AT&T power station and the blast caused significant damage knocking out all AT&T services in a large area.

The latest price increases for Direct TV may have been just too much for a disgruntled RVer. Just musing.

FBI is also investigating 5G paranoia as a possible motive

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
That old rv probably wouldn't start and the person asked for mechanical help on a forum somewhere. :h

mockturtle
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you, coolmom for the info from your state.
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
BradW wrote:
Me thinks his motive may involve AT&T ownership of CNN.

:h Ya think a Red Hatter bombs left leaning CNN?
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
MDKMDK wrote:
My first thought was Citation.
(How many times do I have to tell those **** Canadians to turn off the propane before refueling???:B)

TOO SOON

Bumpy

BradW
Explorer II
Explorer II
Me thinks his motive may involve AT&T ownership of CNN.
Wake Up America
2019 Lance 1062 and 2018 F-350 CC PSD 4X4 DRW
Tembrens, Rear Roadmaster Sway Bar, Torklift 48" Extention and 30K Superhitch
Our New Lance 1062 Truck Camper Unloading at Dealer Photos

coolmom42
Explorer
Explorer
Right now there is a police presence at a home in Antioch, a neighborhood in Nashville. The home owner is identified as a 63 yr old man with explosives experience and electrical knowledge. The RV is not visible in the photos of the home. It is visible in some Google images from 2019, and is definitely identical to the bomb carrier.

This is a good picture of the RV and a link to updates on the story.

I'm guessing that the make and model were identified and the police found a match in motor vehicle registrations, and the owner has some things that match up as a possible suspect.

The most concerning thing at the moment is that ALL services related to ATT in central TN, southern KY, and northern AL are out. This means phones, both cell and landlines, internet, credit card and ATM processing. 911 services are out for about 25 counties. Luckily all the counties have a battery of cell phones available, that apparently run off Verizon towers and do not use ATT services. They also have some sat phones.

All law enforcement in the area is manning their facilities 24/7, even in small towns, until communications are back up.

This building is not labelled as an ATT facility. It's a plain building with nothing on the front except a street number, a garage door, and a man door. So someone researched the location and it doesn't seem to be just a random building hit.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

mockturtle
Explorer
Explorer
Photo of RV parked by 'person of interest's home.
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

mockturtle
Explorer
Explorer
The motor home appears to be a Chateau.

Old Biscuit: As I noted upthread, there are two reasons I posted this:
1. Other RVers may have seen this RV in the area and might have some useful information.
2. Older RVs might want to avoid parking in city streets for the time being as they will be looked upon with suspicion.
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I hope it's not another Richard Jewell investigation

BradW
Explorer II
Explorer II
https://apnews.com/article/us-news-nashville-coronavirus-pandemic-tennessee-dc6eb653053967a4187f0ca8...
Wake Up America
2019 Lance 1062 and 2018 F-350 CC PSD 4X4 DRW
Tembrens, Rear Roadmaster Sway Bar, Torklift 48" Extention and 30K Superhitch
Our New Lance 1062 Truck Camper Unloading at Dealer Photos