cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Co-pilot electric chair

firedog
Explorer
Explorer
We had our slides adjusted and had a new electric mirror installed. (Both on passenger side) Once on the road I found my chair had no power. Is there a fuse or is it an electrical issue? We have a Thor class A diesel 2010. Thank you for any suggestions.
18 REPLIES 18

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:

bigred1cav wrote:

I've at times thought of an electric chair for co pilot. 6,000 volts and 500 amps

Now that's not nice. You need to learn how to say it Nice like I did up thread [emoticon] (thanks for the laugh by the way).

It should be a rocker switch with the bottom being "EJECT".[emoticon]

I suggested she wear a dog training collar I could shock her when she annoyed me, only took me 3 weeks in hospital and traction to get over her reaction.

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
wa8yxm wrote:
bigred1cav wrote:
I've at times thought of an electric chair for co pilot. 6,000 volts and 500 amps

Now that's not nice. You need to learn how to say it Nice like I did up thread ๐Ÿ™‚ (thanks for the laugh by the way).

It should be a rocker switch with the bottom being "EJECT".:B

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
firedog wrote:
Thank you!! My husband found a loose fuse under the dash and my chair now works!!! When I asked Thor support regarding this, they said there were no fuses! ?? Thank you again for all your help!!!!

EVERY 12 volt appliance has a fuse/circuit breaker. Doug

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
bigred1cav wrote:

Now that's not nice. You need to learn how to say it Nice like I did up thread ๐Ÿ™‚ (thanks for the laugh by the way).
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the update, glad to hear you got your seat working...well, maybe I should say your passenger chair...

You two now know more about the chair electrical system than you ever in your entire life wanted to know.
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer

firedog
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you!! My husband found a loose fuse under the dash and my chair now works!!! When I asked Thor support regarding this, they said there were no fuses! ?? Thank you again for all your help!!!!

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
firedog wrote:
??Where is the 12 VDC? There are two small oblong plastic pieces that wires go into. Not sure they contained anything and were afraid to pry open. Is that where the 12VDC is located? My husband is pretty good at fixing things but electrical is not his forte. We appreciate your advise

OK, The fuses for the electric chairs can be a few places. Some RV makers use the fuse in the Chassis fuse block that would be somewhere in the front area of the motorhome. Could be inside/under the dash area or outside in a front storage compartment or raise the front hood and there. Other use a RV maker(not chassis maker) fuse block that will also be up front in the areas I just described. IT WILL NOT be in what would be called the 12 volt fuse center that controls all the coach lights and appliances. Also, you found the plastic quick connect. Make SURE that the 2 wires. 2 input and then 2 output. are IN that quick connect. When you rotate and go to far it rarely disconnects that plastic quick connect. Instead it PULLS one or both of the wires out of that quick connect. Doug

firedog
Explorer
Explorer
??Where is the 12 VDC? There are two small oblong plastic pieces that wires go into. Not sure they contained anything and were afraid to pry open. Is that where the 12VDC is located? My husband is pretty good at fixing things but electrical is not his forte. We appreciate your advise

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Not on topic, or perhaps it is.. But every time I read the subject of this post.... I'm thinking of a DIFFERENT kind of Electric Chair.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

larry_cad
Explorer II
Explorer II
firedog wrote:
No we havenโ€™t ????? My husband checked the connectors under the seat and they looked good. Is there a fuse someplace? Thank you all for trying to help!

Connectors look good, but is there 12VDC there?
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

firedog
Explorer
Explorer
No we havenโ€™t ????? My husband checked the connectors under the seat and they looked good. Is there a fuse someplace? Thank you all for trying to help!

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
firedog....did you ever get it working?
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Check for 12V at the chair connector.