cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comfort or Heavy Duty Bilstein Shocks

delaware95
Explorer
Explorer
I have a question about Bilstein shocks. Later this month I am going to replace the shocks on the front of my 30 foot 2008 Winnebago Class C. The vehicle is built on a 2007 Ford E450 chassis. I am going to use Bilstein shocks but I am uncertain which type I should purchase. Bilstein offer s a "Comfort" line and a "Heavy Duty" line. My question is what is the difference between the two lines as far as ride quality, handling, etc. Which one is most appropriate for my vehicle?
5 REPLIES 5

greenskeeper
Explorer
Explorer
I am just getting ready to replace my 3 yr old Bilstein shocks on my 07 32 ft Jayco greyhawk with 5500 Kodiak chassis, with Koni, the reason is the rebound with the Bilstein if horrible, sways like a drunken sailor, and yes I have new sway bars front and rear, also track bar.......... So going to give the Koni a try..........

RVWithTito
Explorer
Explorer
I have the heavy duty Bilstein shocks all around. My E450 is the same year as yours. It rides very nice after upgrading the shocks and anti sway bars.
2007 Four Winds 31F Class C; Ford E450 Chassis; 250 Watts Solar;

RV Solar, Towing, DIY and Tips on my website RVwithTito.com
Watch My Video Tips at YouTube/RVWithTito

CloudDriver
Explorer
Explorer
For our 24 ft MH, the recommended shocks were the "Comfort". The Heavy Duty were recommended for 26 ft and longer.

Read this thread for my description of what's involved in changing the shocks as a DIY job. Some good ideas further down in the thread as well.
2003 Winnebago Minnie 24F - Ford E-450🙂

badboy368
Explorer
Explorer
the difference is the expansion and rebound rate. both will work just fine. ME????? i go for the comfort:)
40' pusher,350 turbo cat, pullin a 37' trailer haulin a drag car. oh yea baby

ron_dittmer
Explorer II
Explorer II
You might want to consider Koni-FSD shocks which offer a soft ride when the road is easy, but are heavy duty when the road gets rough. The best of both worlds.

If interested, just CLICK HERE. They just started selling them for your chassis this year, though they have been making FSD shocks a long time for the big rigs and performance cars. It is proven technology.