cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cooper Tires

parkmanaa
Explorer
Explorer
Can anyone out there give me first-hand experience with Cooper tires on their RV?
I have a small, older class A that needs tires. The Michelins on it are 11 years old, and since I only use this MH on very short, infrequent trips I didn't want to spend more for tires than the RV may be worth.
I am looking at the Cooper 22570R19.5 Roadmaster RM170 Load Range G.
Rated to carry much more than this old MH weighs.

Any comments appreciated.
Thanks,
20 REPLIES 20

DelawareRick
Explorer
Explorer
For those with the RM170 tires, what pressure do you run? Our installer said they should be at 100 PSI, but I've seen on the Cooper site that they recommend otherwise (110 or 120 depending on the load range).

(Apologies for bumping an old post if that is frowned upon... didn't seem worth starting a whole new forum thread.)

southwindphoto
Explorer
Explorer
I have the 19.5 on my Rexhall for 2 1/2 years, and no issues. The balance up nice and I've had less problems with them than I did the BFG's before.

infogeek
Explorer
Explorer
Glad to hear some people like the Coopers. My motorhome came with Hankooks, never had a problem with them, replaced due to age. Replaced with Goodyears, and while OK, one tire had perpetual problems with losing air, etc, despite never being able to find a leak. That tire just blew. So, up for new tires again as the Goodyears are 7 years old (only installed 4 years; got sold old tires - long story, won't happen again!).

So Coopers were recommended to me this time for my driving habits and cost effectiveness. Seems like everyone who has used them likes them. I'm game.
Jon

dieharder
Explorer
Explorer
Chinese made Cooper's have been on mine for 3 years now. Great tire so far!
1999 Itasca Sunrise

CP598
Explorer
Explorer
parkmanaa wrote:
Can anyone out there give me first-hand experience with Cooper tires on their RV?
I have a small, older class A that needs tires. The Michelins on it are 11 years old, and since I only use this MH on very short, infrequent trips I didn't want to spend more for tires than the RV may be worth.
I am looking at the Cooper 22570R19.5 Roadmaster RM170 Load Range G.
Rated to carry much more than this old MH weighs.

Any comments appreciated.
Thanks,

Put this exact tire on the rear of my 33' Class A, 3 years and 11,000 miles ago. They are wearing and performing fine. No issues or complaints. I have Toyo's on the front, and notice no difference.

Bruce_Brown
Thanks Dick. I'll check them out when the time gets closer.

BTW, I'd have no problem running Hankooks at all. Seems to be a good tire.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

SDHobo
Explorer
Explorer
Bruce - You asked where I got my tires from on another Topic.
They came from Simple Tires at Simpletires.com. They are Hankooks, AH12, and I guess all tires come from China. Way cheaper than GoodYear or Michelin. But be careful comparing prices because all SimpleTires sell is tires and shipping. Other companies, such as Autonation & World-of-Tires sell a whole deal with a local installer. All shipping is the same, all taxes are the same. It's the other stuff where the games start.
By the way, SimpleTires is just north of Philly, about 2 blks off the Interstate.
'08 Fleetwood Providence 40X
w/ 2016 Ford Fiesta SE (w/Navi) Toad
Dick and Mary
Random Kids, Grandkids and Great Grandkids

Bruce_Brown
Not a MH but my truck that pulls my TT. 275/65/20 Load Range E.

I just put on a set of Cooper ATP tires (built only for Discount Tire) and could not be happier. These tires ride better than the Michelins that came off and have a ton more grip. They weigh 60# each and the worse one took 3/4 oz to balance. (2) of them took 1/2 oz, (1) needed nothing. These tire were made in the US.

The Michelins that came off, the LTX A/T 2, were about useless. Not only did they not have much grip, they were 100% worn out at 35,000 miles - and when I say worn out, I mean would not pass NYS Inspection, riding on the wear bars worn out. This wouldn't be so bad except it's a 60,000 mile rated tire.

If it was pulling the TT full time I could see some shortened life - it pulls the trailer around 700 miles/year. I also have them rotated at every oil change, and they're properly inflated. They're just another example of over rated, over priced, junk Michelins.

Our MH is due for tires next year, and yeah, I'll be looking at Coopers for it too.

As a disclaimer I will say our current MH is riding on Michelins and they have been wonderful. Considering this is the ONLY set of Michelins I've ever owned that I can say that about - and I've owned a lot of them, I will say they are the exception not the rule. Hey, even a blind squirrel occasionally finds a nut. :B
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
The "Mesa" brand tires I had put on our previous coach were manufactured in Cooper's Findlay, Ohio plant. They rode well.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

jwmII
Explorer
Explorer
Cooper makes a good tire. Ran'em on my pickup for the last 13 years.NO problems. Some Coopers are made in China these days. Their Factory is ISO approved and they meet us federal standards for sale in the U.S.
Michelin is making tires in China as well and some of those end up in the U.S.
jwmII

7ofus
Explorer
Explorer
Cooper Roadmasters, 247/70/19.5, put on about 18 months and 5,000 miles ago. I noticed a definite improvement in smoothness (the OE Goodyears were egg shaped and always bounced) and the Coopers balanced easily with little weight.

I would definitely use them again.

RDG
Explorer
Explorer
I have had the Cooper Road Master tires for 2 years now and no issues. Buy what fits your needs. The Coopers do the job just fine IMHO.
Bob
2001 Forest River Georgetown 346S Motorhome

JerryofWV
Explorer
Explorer
I put 19.5 Cooper tires on my previous motorhome and they were fine.
Jerry & Dee Dee Pauley

2005 Monaco Monarch SE, Workhorse, Falcon II tow bar, ReadyBrake, 2012 Jeep Liberty Toad

The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything they have.

topflite51
Explorer
Explorer
Probably should stick with Michelin's then, that way you can have tires made by a French company. LOL
:CDavid
Just rolling along enjoying life
w/F53 Southwind towing a 87 Samurai or 01 Grand Vitara looking to fish
Simply Despicable 😛
Any errors are a result of CRS.:s