Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cracking up

Coelacanth
Explorer
Explorer
Folks,
I just acquired a 2012 Holiday Rambler, Augusta with 7k on the odo from a friend’s widow.
The rig is like new, but....the headliner in the cab is plastic and it’s cracked in one spot from rear to front. I’d like to replace it, but I know the chance of getting parts for this model is slim. Has anyone ever taken this part down? If I can’t find an OEM I’m sure I can repair it from above so that it would be almost as good as new; almost. Maybe.
3 REPLIES 3

Coelacanth
Explorer
Explorer
Update:
For anybody else who wants to try this you need to....
1.) remove the dome light fixture. Easy. 6 screws.
2.) remove the left and right grab handles. Two bolts each.
3.) pull down the black rubber door molding.
4.) pull the windshield pillar covers free. Three push clips on each you can pry with a screw driver.
5.) remove all the round button covers that conceal the screws holding the padded upper, left and right side cab entryway covering. Remove the screws. Pull the left and right upright coverings back slightly at upper edge and lift the upper covering to expose the many (400?) tiny, half inch staples that secure the rear of the dome liner. After trying to pull them out I gave up and used a small drill bit to cut them.
6.) gently pry the rear plastic lip away from the wood it was stapled to.
7.) lower and direct dome liner to the rear. Done.

Not exactly a piece of cake, but after about two hours it was completed. It would probably be much faster if I needed to do it again.

Coelacanth
Explorer
Explorer
Tyler0215 wrote:
Remove all the trim around the windshield and windows, also the dome light The headliner should come down easily. Repair and cover with headliner fabric and re-install.

Wonderful. Thanks!

Tyler0215
Explorer
Explorer
Remove all the trim around the windshield and windows, also the dome light The headliner should come down easily. Repair and cover with headliner fabric and re-install.