cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Diesel fuel line replacement ?

fltrker
Explorer
Explorer
Now!! The fuel line is deteriorating on the inside and pieces are breaking off and ending up blocking my fuel filter.
Any knowledge of a replacement or repair trouble or cost?
9 REPLIES 9

Smitty77
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, one of the hidden costs of ULSD change, the older hoses were not able to handle the new fuel.

We changed out the lines to the generator and Hydrohot. Gates Barricade, with the blue stripes.

Get all old rubber fuel lines changed over.

Best of luck,
Smitty

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
I'd go the route that John and Angela did. Find a local, reputable, mechanic willing to work on your DP, who is highly recommended working on diesel IP fuel suppply systems. McMaster-Carr should have good prices on the proper, high quality, fuel lines. Their shipping use to be very fast, but it has been a while. The mechanic should be able to advise you with the proper ones. You use to have some really super good diesel mechanics down your way in Florida, but the ones I could have recommended are long over the hill, I'm afraid. Most folks today would have been afraid to go to them cause they worked out of tents in the back yard, but they could really do things with diesels!

Be glad yours runs from the rear bulkhead to the lift pump. Mine runs from the rear of the front bulkhead all the way back.
โ€œAll journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.โ€

John___Angela
Explorer
Explorer
Pogoil wrote:
Why are these lines failing? Mine are 18 years old.

Pogoil.

These particular lines were put on by the coach manufacturer and not the chassis manufacturer. Fleetwood picked a poor fuel line for that stretch.
2003 Revolution 40C Class A. Electric smart car as a Toad on a smart car trailer
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Pogoil
Explorer
Explorer
Why are these lines failing? Mine are 18 years old.

Pogoil.

John___Angela
Explorer
Explorer
Had the same problem in our 2003 Revolution. Our local mechanic replaced both lines and added a second pre lift pump filter. Total was around 430 bucks including parts and labour. The lines go from the rear bulkhead by the axle to the lift pump
2003 Revolution 40C Class A. Electric smart car as a Toad on a smart car trailer
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

fltrker
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. I had a Cummins tech look the other day and he said 20 hours.
They are maybe $80 per hour or higher.
I will do the profile update.
Yes , 03 Rev.

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
We had the same problem on our 2004 Country Coach. Took it to Cummins Coach Care and they replaced some fuel lines. I will depend on how many they replace and how difficult it is to get to them. We were very happy with the work. Try Cummins in Ocala.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
Are we talking about your 2003 Fleetwood Revolution???

On a side note, it would be nice if you posted that info in your profile, so that others could take a quick look when you ask a chassis oriented question.
โ€œAll journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.โ€

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Please tell us what chassis/coach you have.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/