cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

dish receiver vip211k

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
The dish receiver I have for the tailgater seems to stay excessively hot even when off. I asked Dish and they said it is normal to be hot.It's been that way since purchased new. Is everyone elses receiver the same way/HOT!
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992
11 REPLIES 11

Westenthal
Explorer
Explorer
I have two VIP 211K's in my coach and they both get very hot.
Westenthal

usersmanual
Explorer
Explorer
RLS7201 wrote:
My 211K get pretty warm. I added this usb fan behind the receiver. Of coarse this only works if you are not using DVR.

Richard

hey that looks neat I may get one if the Z gets too hot it has two usb outlets so could use on top of add on hard drive maybe

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
My 211K get pretty warm. I added this usb fan behind the receiver. Of coarse this only works if you are not using DVR.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

usersmanual
Explorer
Explorer
my main reason for not wanting the walley receiver

Bought my bundle through Dish, they fail to mention this receiver currently only works if it can see all three satellites, if not if will not move forward. No idea when software update may come to allow it to work with two of the satellites. Would not recommend

Ed_Gee
Explorer II
Explorer II
lj2654 wrote:
The dish receiver I have for the tailgater seems to stay excessively hot even when off. I asked Dish and they said it is normal to be hot.It's been that way since purchased new. Is everyone elses receiver the same way/HOT!

All satellite receivers get hot ... and they are never actually OFF unless you unplug them. Hot is normal. Just ensure that there is good ventilation around them.
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Our K shut itself off one time because it was hot. I don't have it in that small space any more but it does still get hot.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Yep. My 211k also gets very warm/hot. Even when off. Apparently normal.

usersmanual
Explorer
Explorer
Mile High wrote:
They get terrible hot for some reason, but not has hot as the Hopper! I think it is pretty normal. I notice my factory AV cabinet from Winnebago is fully ventilated.

There is a new one out - wally something - than is slimmer and replaces the 211. Maybe that one is better.

the new one that replaces this is the Z model the way I understand things and now the wally.I did a bit of research and most prefer the Z over the wally
like said raise the K up and let it vent

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
They get terrible hot for some reason, but not has hot as the Hopper! I think it is pretty normal. I notice my factory AV cabinet from Winnebago is fully ventilated.

There is a new one out - wally something - than is slimmer and replaces the 211. Maybe that one is better.
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

Finally_Time
Explorer
Explorer
My 211k gets pretty hot too. I have to set it on edge or my cat curls up on it; cats love heat.
'17 Tiffin Breeze 31BR, '13 Honda CR-V
Ready Brute Elite Tow Bar & Brake System

usersmanual
Explorer
Explorer
lj2654 wrote:

maybe try the new 211Z? from my dd the K does run hot
what is suggested is to raise it up by making something to create 4 little feet under it about a inch or so and of course don't stack anything on top of it