cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dometic fridge door

kuzined
Explorer
Explorer
Have a 05 Fleetwood with a 2-door side by side Dometic fridge. On the big door, when it is closed, it will not seal tight. I was able to give it a little push and it would seal tight but in the last couple of days, it will not stay tightly closed. I cant see the hinge being out of adj. Is it possible the rubber seal around the door needs to be replaced? The temp still stays at 41 degrees.
10 REPLIES 10

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Koop wrote:
My Dometic NDR1492 side by side two door refrigerator lists PN 3108708.474 as a replacement seal kit from Dometic. The problem is, the seal kit costs $325.

It is also a 3 day job. You must remove the doors and let them get to room temp, then after cleaning and installing the new gasket, you MUST let it dry/adhere for a minimum of 48 hours per instructions. Doug

Koop
Explorer
Explorer
My Dometic NDR1492 side by side two door refrigerator lists PN 3108708.474 as a replacement seal kit from Dometic. The problem is, the seal kit costs $325.
Mike
2003 Alpine Coach 40MDTS
400HP Cummins ISL

mmbyers
Explorer
Explorer
Has anybody bought the doors for a 2 door model?

Pass42
Explorer
Explorer
The door seals are not available from Dometic... However, I searched thru google and found aftermarket seals for my Dometic NDR1292 fridge.... the originals were installed as the door was assembled.. the aftermarket ones install on the inside face of the door with double face tape.... requires removal of doors, cutting away old gasket, cleaning, carefully installing new, letting sit flat for 24 hours... did mine 2 or 3 years ago... great results...
2017 Montana High Country 375FL
2015 Ram 2500 Heavy Duty, Cummins 6.7, factory tow package, factory snow plow prep package

janstey58
Explorer
Explorer
Agree with Dougrainer, I have the same fridge and numerous times when the door alarm beeps, it is something just a little too long front to back or shelving not pushed in.
Jeff and Kim
2015 Fleetwood Discovery 40E
Freightliner Chassis 380HP DP
2012 Ford Escape Limited Toad

UsualSuspect
Explorer
Explorer
I would check and make sure the bushings on the door hinges are not worn. If they are, replace them. As Old-Biscuit posted, the seals themselves are not replaceable, no part number is even listed.
2007 Fleetwood Excursion 40E Cat C7 350 HP
2007 Chev 2500HD D/A Long bed CC (Yes, it is my TOAD :B)
2011 Toyota Tundra
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (Backup towed)
Gone but not forgotten, 2008 Jayco 299 RLS

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Are you POSITIVE that there is nothing that is hitting the door on the inside. I have had numerous times that customers come in and when I look inside, they have a shelf or some type item that is hitting one of the door trays and will not allow that door to freely pull tight and allow the magnet to do its job. Doug

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
No 'gasket' kits available.......non replacement item.
New doors only

Clean the frame surface
Clean the gasket face
Make sure doors are sticking frame evenly..have not slipped/sagged down. (worn hinge bushings)

One other thing you can try: (last ditch attempt)

Place a ball of cotton in each corner under the gasket
Then heat gasket material until warm....using hair dryer. Takes a while due to size of gasket....get it warm
Then close door and let gasket reset......20 mins. or so
Then remove balls of cotton form corners
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Grandpere
Explorer
Explorer
probably the magnet in the rubber seal is getting weak, replacing the seal would be the first thing I would do since the hinges look OK.
Berniece & Russell Johnson
Lil'Bit, a Netherland Dwarf Rabbit
1987 Southwind
1995 Ford F150 Supercab

Life in the fast lane? No thanks, we will stop and smell the flowers at every opportuity