cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Downsizing

JackInAZ
Explorer
Explorer
Considering downsizing from a 36 foot Sightseer to a much smaller 28 foot or so, possibly a Thor Class A. I realize we would be giving up many amenities but at 80 towing a car is difficult and we would use the smaller RV for in-town transportation if a rental is unavailable. Having said that, all you experts, I have 2 questions: 1. Do you have any knowledge of service issues with Thor beyond those expected in the first-year warranty? 2. Have you dealt with Camping World? I read that, although they are spread throughout the US, they are incredibly slow in servicing their customers.
19 REPLIES 19

Community Alumni
Not applicable
I have also downsized and ditched the toad and get around using the moho.

I highly suggest to take a look at the small class As and Cs made by Winnebago before buying a Thor product. Good luck!

maddog348
Explorer
Explorer
WHY DIFFERENT ?? ~~~ "Sunspots" ~~ "Time of Day " ~~ "Phase of the Moon" ~~ "NO Good Reason at ALL" JM2ยข ~~~ YMMV

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
there are a lot of anti thor and camping world posts on this forum. do a search and read about them for the next month. I quit dealing with CW back in the 80's. I would not by a thor unless it were given to me. I was going to buy a MH and did not when I found out thor bought them out.

Tinstar
Explorer
Explorer
I think the Camping World question will depend on the Camping World location. Some are great, others not so much.
:CNever pass up a chance to go somewhere:C

janstey58
Explorer
Explorer
My .02, I have dealt with CW twice on two different Class-As at two different CWs and the follow-up to issues under warranty was AWFUL. And I couldn't take it to another local RV dealer, since we didn't purchase it there. My MIL bought a small Class A from this other local dealer and received great warranty service, things fixed the first time correctly. CW will jerk you around, I will never go back if we trade again. My last issue took 1 year to resolve. Never again! Just search for Camping World on this forum, and the horror stories are all over the forum, and other forums.
Jeff and Kim
2015 Fleetwood Discovery 40E
Freightliner Chassis 380HP DP
2012 Ford Escape Limited Toad