cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Eco charger stopped working

ricelake922
Explorer
Explorer
Hello. I have a 1996 Monaco Dynasty that has a Eco charger to ensure batteries remain charged. A couple of weeks ago I was at a park plugged into shore power and was having trouble getting my RV started. I checked the Eco Charger to find there was no light on the Eco Charger which meant it was not working. I looked at the two glass fuses to find they had been burned out. I replaced the glass fuses but the charger is still not working. Please tell me what to do next and how do I do it. I am not very astute at electrical but I really want to learn.
5 REPLIES 5

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
AT the Echo charger are the 3 wires. ALL you do is verify that on the 2 red wires you have 12 volts. Use the BLACK wire as your ground for your multitester. IF you have 12 volts on those 2 wires using the black as negative, your Echo charger is bad. Doug

ricelake922
Explorer
Explorer
This is a new problem. Fixed the last problem. I reviewed the manual and was able to follow Dougโ€™s explanation. However because I am not very electrical but do own a multimeter and have traced the wires I do not know how to check the wires. I apologize for my ignorance in this matter but really want to lear how to check the wires to figure out what is wrong.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
OK, It should be the OLD Heart ECHO charger. The company is now Xantrex but they still make the charger. It is very simple--3 wires

Connect from the echo-charge:
โ€ข Ground wire (black) to the negative battery ground.
โ€ข Starter Battery wire (red with yellow trace) to the starter battery
positive (+ red) terminal. A 20 amp fuse in this line protects the wire.
โ€ข House Battery wire (+ red) to the house battery bank positive (+ red)
terminal. A 20 amp fuse in this line protects the wire.
IF you have 12 volts plus on the RED and the RED/Yellow trace AND Ground on the Black, and the unit does NOT function. It is bad and must be replaced. There is a fuse INSIDE the module but per Xantrex it is a factory replacement which will cost MORE than a New Echo charger. About $100 on line at various websites. Doug

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
is this a continuation of the other electrical problems you have already posted about on a couple other occasions recently or is it something new?
Dave & Kathy
2007 Monaco Knight 40PDQ towing 2018 Ford F-150 & 2017 Harley Trike
Fulltime 2007 to 2016, now halftimers
Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by with what will be left.
Our Blog
National Parks Visited