Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entegra Quality

tomthyme
Explorer
Explorer
Hello Folks!
The DW and I are discussing a move from our 2011 Cameo / 2015 F350 to a Class A Pusher. We would buy used, and are comfortable between $250k-300k.

When I look at pricing, I see the Entegra seems to generally be priced lower, and have lower miles than say Tiffin or Newmar.

Since I generally see more Entegra's than the other two, I wonder if it is a quality issue (which forces early trades) or maybe Entegra just sold tons more than Tiffin or Newmar so there are more in the market.

Anyone have an opinion here?

I would especially love to hear from owners of these products regarding satisfaction, fit and finish, quality, etc.

Thanks
2015 F350 King Ranch Dually 4x4, 22k Reese hitch
2011 Carriage Cameo 37cksls
Sarah (most beautiful creature in the world)
Mickey (105lb golden - good thing he's pretty)
Ashlee (85lb lab - spectacular pal)
Dutch (120lb lab - young one in training)
23 REPLIES 23

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
When we were looking - the Aspire was kind of the entry level, then Anthem, then Cornerstone. Now the Aspire has everything the Anthem had and is priced accordingly, but the Insignia seems to be the new entry level and is equipped about like what the Aspire was.
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

mtofell1
Explorer
Explorer
I'm just an armchair shopper for now but Entegra is my top choice from the research I've done. If/when the day comes I'm sure I'll look at Newmar and Tiffin and any others that are worthy.

I bought my 5th wheel from a dealer that sells Tiffin so I've walked through a bunch of those. I agree that they seem more expensive than a similar Entegra.

Fla_Tom1
Explorer
Explorer
We went from a 2014 tiffin to a 2015 Entegra(for build quality issues) we have been very happy with the Entegra. Entegra has made huge improvements year to year , I know of several owners who have upgraded from Entegra to Entegra.

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
When we were looking, we heard the 2013 era has some issues, and this came from an Entegra owner that is very involved. He said they have come a long way since then.

Today, the Aspire is more of what the Anthem used to be. I saw one the other day and wow!
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

bullydogs1
Explorer
Explorer
You don't hear a thing in this coach...and it takes some getting used to as does the Spartan chassis message center..but it's a superb coach...has issues, but not showstoppers.
Stuart and Stella Denning
2016 Entegra Aspire 42RBQ
The 3 Bulldogs (Daisy, Sylvie and Stashie)
2018 Equinox Diesel (TOAD)

usersmanual
Explorer
Explorer
tomthyme wrote:
Hello Folks!
The DW and I are discussing a move from our 2011 Cameo / 2015 F350 to a Class A Pusher. We would buy used, and are comfortable between $250k-300k.

When I look at pricing, I see the Entegra seems to generally be priced lower, and have lower miles than say Tiffin or Newmar.

Since I generally see more Entegra's than the other two, I wonder if it is a quality issue (which forces early trades) or maybe Entegra just sold tons more than Tiffin or Newmar so there are more in the market.

Anyone have an opinion here?

I would especially love to hear from owners of these products regarding satisfaction, fit and finish, quality, etc.

Thanks

when pricing entegra/newmar/tiffin ;; new for new ;; apples to apples
I found entegra 50-70K cheaper also they boast best insulation factors

BUT that was 2 years ago may not be so anymore

bullydogs1
Explorer
Explorer
Very happy with my coach..Happy with customer service...Quality of materials used is very good..not flawless.but very good..and it's as solid as a rock...Newmar/Entegra are head to head and it just depends what coach floor plan set up etc you like...
Stuart and Stella Denning
2016 Entegra Aspire 42RBQ
The 3 Bulldogs (Daisy, Sylvie and Stashie)
2018 Equinox Diesel (TOAD)

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Been RV'ing for many years... If there was one higher end coach I would buy (and hope to one day) It would be an Entegra. I think they are very good quality and the owners of Entegra's all seem very happy with their coaches.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
1. What makes you think they have sold more Entegra's than Tiffin or Newmar?
2. IF you are using totals for THOR Ind. Then the statistics are misleading. Business reports are including Jayco(Entegra)in Thor's TOTAL Class A totals which is misleading, since Jayco just became part of Thor in the past 6 months.
3. Entegra has never been in the top 10 in Class A sales. I would suspect it is Quality issues rather than they have sold more. Tiffin has always been in the top 5 sellers. MORE used indicates not happy with the product and they are getting rid of it.
4. IMO, Both Newmar and Tiffin are way ahead in quality and backing of the product. Doug