Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Experience with RV Driving School - All Is Good

cruz-in
Explorer
Explorer
UPDATE:

RV Driving School has gotten back to me and all is good. As someone who has run a large organization, I really appreciate how every once in a while something drops thru the cracks (in my organization it happened a few more times than I care to admit). IMHO, what matters is how the organization responds once the issue is raised. Today RV Driving School has reached out to us, recovered well and quickly addressed our concerns listed below. Showing they are a class organization. We are really looking forward to our Driving Lesson.

Hi All,

Has RV Driving School gone out of business?

We reserved our January RV Driving Class in November. After several emails to schedule time and meeting place, around Christmas we got an email from our instructor saying he would not do the course. No explanation. Just a curt email saying he would not do our course. Would have thought he would have directed us to contact someone at RV Driving School to schedule with someone else or said they would be in contact with us to reschedule.

Other than a small bit of frustration, we are out our deposit of $100. They were quick to take our $100 deposit, but it has been almost a month and no response to our inquiry as to how they would fulfill their training commitment to us.

Hoping others have not had a similar experience.

I am hoping they finally respond so I can post a happy ending to this issue.

Dan
2011 Monaco Vesta
Interesting Coach
This particular one was the prototype.
17 REPLIES 17

77rollalong
Explorer
Explorer
there should be some sort of training when it comes to driving these rigs. i think i was kinda lucky that i was trained as a school bus driver with air brakes when i was 21, so kinda got use to the size, and having to watch out for the tail swing on the longer vehicle, braking distance, height, width, etc they do not handle anything like a Honda civic.
most people thought just dont do out and buy a motor coach for there first camping trip though, they start off small and learn from that then work up.

DiskDoctr
Explorer
Explorer
Great idea! A vendor stepped up and did the right thing. Now use this positive experience for others, too.

Excellent turn of events when people help each other :C

afrescopXx
Explorer
Explorer
There is an RV systems school, I think here in Texas. You might try Googling "RV systems school"

rowekmr
Explorer
Explorer
I am glad things worked out positively for both sides. I didn't know there were RV driving schools. That is great because I don't think everyone can transition from car to RV's without some help. I wish they had a RV systems school I am still learning all the systems lol.
10 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost
07 Lincoln Navigator
00 Newmar Dutch Star 3851

afrescopXx
Explorer
Explorer
These are honorable people. Several years ago I instructed for the RV Driving School. George and Valerie are indeed honest people. The instruction is top notch and they treat every student very well with the personal touch. I am certain this was just an anomaly.

cruz-in
Explorer
Explorer
Yeap 110% satisfied with Geogre's and RV Driving School's response. As I said, I totally understand. I ran a large 300 plus person organization and things fall thru the cracks with the best of organizations. IMHO, the measure of an organization is how they respond to those uncommon events and RV Driving School has excelled.
2011 Monaco Vesta
Interesting Coach

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
I instruct for RV Driving School. I know George did not intentionally make this err and If you come to Columbus, Ohio I will teach you 4 hours gratis. BTW I have not discussed this with the owner George but do know him to be an honorable man.

cruz-in wrote:
UPDATE:

RV Driving School has gotten back to me and all is good. As someone who has run a large organization, I really appreciate how every once in a while something drops thru the cracks (in my organization it happened a few more times than I care to admit). IMHO, what matters is how the organization responds once the issue is raised. Today RV Driving School has reached out to us, recovered well and quickly addressed our concerns listed below. Showing they are a class organization. We are really looking forward to our Driving Lesson.

Hi All,

Has RV Driving School gone out of business?

We reserved our January RV Driving Class in November. After several emails to schedule time and meeting place, around Christmas we got an email from our instructor saying he would not do the course. No explanation. Just a curt email saying he would not do our course. Would have thought he would have directed us to contact someone at RV Driving School to schedule with someone else or said they would be in contact with us to reschedule.

Other than a small bit of frustration, we are out our deposit of $100. They were quick to take our $100 deposit, but it has been almost a month and no response to our inquiry as to how they would fulfill their training commitment to us.

Hoping others have not had a similar experience.

I am hoping they finally respond so I can post a happy ending to this issue.

Dan

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for giving us your outcome! A happy ending.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

cruz-in
Explorer
Explorer
UPDATE:

RV Driving School has gotten back to me and all is good. As someone who has run a large organization, I really appreciate how every once in a while something drops thru the cracks (in my organization it happened a few more times than I care to admit). IMHO, what matters is how the organization responds once the issue is raised. Today RV Driving School has reached out to us, recovered well and quickly addressed our concerns. Showing they are a class organization. We are really looking forward to our Driving Lesson.

So anyone who stumbled upon this thread will quickly realize RV Driving School jumped all over our concerns, I also edited the original post with the above information.
2011 Monaco Vesta
Interesting Coach

irishtom29
Explorer
Explorer
Mandy Rice-Davies.

gma77
Explorer
Explorer
We definitely are NOT out of business. We are in the midst of our busiest season and really "dropped the ball" with these folks. If you have been to our website, rv school.com and look through the testimonials, we have so much to be proud of, but sometimes, even our best fails! I am trying to reach out to these folks, but so far have had no response. We continue to be the largest most successful place to go to get real behind the wheel of YOUR RV help! --- George W. Mayleben, the proud owner of the RV Driving School!

cruz-in
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at my email history with them, they were very quick to respond while I was inquiring about booking a class. Once booked, and I had a problem, no response for almost a month.

I recognize this appears to not be typical for them. I hold out hope that this just fell through the cracks Totally understand how these things happen.
Also still holding out hope they will make good on our contract to provide us a class in the Maryland/Virginia/DC area.

On Monday I will work the phone with them. Please do not interpret this as a rant about them. Just noting the difference in email responsiveness before/after the sale and inquiring if anyone else has had this problem or possibly they simply went out of business. .
2011 Monaco Vesta
Interesting Coach

Smitty77
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry this has gone South on you. And a month is way too long to let this linger for their side of the communication.

Have you talked with anyone from the business, or has it all been by emails?

It's been a few years, but we had a positive experience for the DW in Yuma. We also had very good communication from the owner's of the school, as well as the instructor.

For now, I'd focus communication with the business vs the instructor. (And very possible you have done so already.).

I they don't take appropriate actions very soon after a follow up phone call message - then yes, start the process of credit card dispute...

Hope it does not come to that. And please close the loop back, and let us know what the end results are!

Best to you,
Smitty

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
It has an excellent reputation. They're located all over the country. I'm really surprised at your problem. Call the main office - not email:

https://www.rvschool.com/
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel