cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

EZ Pass Placement

shark14
Explorer
Explorer
We just purchased an EZ Pass for travelling. With the overhang on our motorhome, anyone know where a better placement for this pass would be? The package recommends on the outside of the drivers rear view mirror, but, I would think it would either fall off or get stolen? Any ideas?
8 REPLIES 8

We_Cant_Wait
Explorer
Explorer
Don't most Class "C" have a window in the front of the cabover area that the EZ Pass could be placed in?? Seems it's work just great up there being a lot closer to the reader.

demoon
Explorer
Explorer
Had no problems with our class C - with transponder about 8" down from the top - just below the tint line.

schlep1967
Nomad
Nomad
If you decide to go low on the windshield make sure you do not get it behind the wiper blades. They will cause it to not work right.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

jk31668
Explorer
Explorer
always had an issue with the class c so i traded the window version in for the one that attaches to the front license plate. problem solved.

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
Why not mount it in the over head window if there is one or the left window on the overhead, that should be good for the sensors to read the unit.

navegator

MobileBasset
Explorer
Explorer
Mine is on the inside front center windshield about 6 or 7 inches down from the top and I have never had a problem with it. Works great, lasts long.
MobileBasset
2014 Itasca Spirit 25B on Chevy Express 3500 chassis
Daisy and Hank the Basset Hounds

ChuckV1
Explorer
Explorer
Shark14

All of the over the road truck our company has and any I have
driven place them in inside center of the windshield about
six to ten inches down from the top.

I think what the package is say is commenting on the inside
mirror not the outside. You don't want the unit to get wet
otherwise it would not work

PhilandJoyce
Explorer
Explorer
Good question.
We just purchased our first RV too. So, knowing that the "reader" in the toll booths are above / in front of the vehicle, I think I might be inclined to mount it at the base of the windshield and only have it there when passing through a booth.
NYS suggests mounting them behind the rear-view, so as not to impede line of sight. But, if it's only down near the bottom when needed, I think we should be all set.
I be attentive to any other suggestions.