cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

First-time DP owner - lots to learn

Paul1944
Explorer
Explorer
I just traded my old gasser for a newer, and much more complicated, diesel pusher. We are now the proud owners of a 2004 Coachmen Sportscoach 387 KS. VERY excited, but boy do I have a lot to learn. Despite spending two days at the dealer after the trade I failed to ask all the questions that I should have. First off, I can't get the fresh water tank to drain, in spite of putting all the valves in the correct position nothing comes out the drain. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Also, I can't get the emergency flashers to work, any ideas? Be forewarned, this is probably not the end of my dumb questions. If you're familiar with this coach or have any suggestions I will appreciate your input. Thanks!
Paul & Margie
10 REPLIES 10

bass_n_bob
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on Camp Freightliner.. My Sportscoach has a short rod on the left side of the steering column that you push in for flashers.

ncrowley
Explorer
Explorer
If you are on a Freightliner chassis, I would highly recommend attending Camp Freightliner. We learned a LOT about our coach. You can google "Camp Freightliner" and see when and where they are offering it. Most classes are in Gaffney but we took a class in the Phoenix area.
Nancy
Newmar Northern Star

Ocean_Mist
Explorer
Explorer
10forty2 wrote:
Ocean Mist wrote:
Hey Paul, we are in the same boat, except that I didn't ask about the flashers even though I still haven't found themyet...lol

But I will!

Just got back from a trip to New Orleans....the flashers tend to stay on one end of Bourbon St. for the most part of the year, but venture out into other parts of the French Quarter during Mardi Gras. :B

I'm not even going to attempt to make a joke out of that one...But a trip to New Orleans...that's right up my alley.

Where are the pics...? or it didn't happen
06' Monaco Executive Ranier IV ~ 41' 4"
525ISX ~ Allison 4000 ~ S Series Chassis
10 Air bag/10 Source Billstein
Ralph Lauren Interior ~

Last: 99' National Class A ~ 31' Ford Chassis

10forty2
Explorer
Explorer
Ocean Mist wrote:
Hey Paul, we are in the same boat, except that I didn't ask about the flashers even though I still haven't found themyet...lol

But I will!

Just got back from a trip to New Orleans....the flashers tend to stay on one end of Bourbon St. for the most part of the year, but venture out into other parts of the French Quarter during Mardi Gras. :B
1999 Holiday Rambler Endeavor, 36' Gasser
Triton V10, Ford F53 Chassis
-----------------------------------------

msmith1199
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ocean Mist wrote:

But I will!

I didn't think my motorhome had flashers for the first ten years I owned it. When I originally bought it I even looked up the law and found that they were required so I was going to send a letter to the Federal DOT letting them know Freightliner wasn't putting them on motorhome chassis. It wasn't until a few years ago that I found the switch recessed underneath the steering column. I had searched all over the steering column and could find it. Only found it when I was fixing some wiring that came loose under the dash so I was down on the floor and looked up.

2021 Nexus Viper 27V. Class B+

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4

Ocean_Mist
Explorer
Explorer

But I will!
06' Monaco Executive Ranier IV ~ 41' 4"
525ISX ~ Allison 4000 ~ S Series Chassis
10 Air bag/10 Source Billstein
Ralph Lauren Interior ~

Last: 99' National Class A ~ 31' Ford Chassis

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
Flashers....On my coach if the engine is running the flashers will light indicators on my dash.

If the engine is off I get no indication on the dash that the flashers are on except to go outside and see they are flashing.
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

RognBon
Explorer
Explorer
Are you sure there is water in the tank? I doubt that the dealer filled the tank.
RognBon
1997 Monaco Dynasty 40'
Cummins 8.3 325 HP
2008 Ford Edge Toad

msmith1199
Explorer II
Explorer II
Maybe the drain is clogged? Mine is just a pvc pipe at the bottom of the tank with a valve on it.

2021 Nexus Viper 27V. Class B+

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4

vegasfoodguy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Paul1944 wrote:
I just traded my old gasser for a newer, and much more complicated, diesel pusher. We are now the proud owners of a 2004 Coachmen Sportscoach 387 KS. VERY excited, but boy do I have a lot to learn. Despite spending two days at the dealer after the trade I failed to ask all the questions that I should have. First off, I can't get the fresh water tank to drain, in spite of putting all the valves in the correct position nothing comes out the drain. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Also, I can't get the emergency flashers to work, any ideas? Be forewarned, this is probably not the end of my dumb questions. If you're familiar with this coach or have any suggestions I will appreciate your input. Thanks!

Turning on your water pump will help;

Terry
Monaco Diplomat, Cummins, 38a
Toad Grand Cherokee and Jeep Wrangler, Brake Buddy.