cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixing water damage on the old Dodge (pics)

Spectramac
Explorer
Explorer
I got started on my summer project the last couple days. I found this thing on Craig's list for $100 and drove it home. It's a 78 Dodge Monaco 23' with a 440. Here's what it looked like when I brought it home.

Ok, time to dive in!

Oh man, I can't believe the huge bag of rusty screws I have already! It's actually not as rotten as I was thinking it was going to be. Just in the corners, where the screws need to be. Still so much to remove....
Malcolm
813 REPLIES 813

davepcpowernet
Explorer
Explorer
In the last 45 years living in Western Washington lowlands, I have only seen 2 times there was more than 20" of snow and the most was about 30". As long as one shovels that much off when it starts raining on it, as it is wont to do, there is no problem. I don't think there should be any worries.
Dave

Gale_Hawkins
Explorer
Explorer
PapPappy wrote:
CISCO8325 wrote:
4. will the weather hit and break the shed and crash down on the rv.

:h

😮 OMG....don't even want to have those kinds of thoughts.....

From the looks of things, that shed will be plenty strong for the winters up there.....

Yup, can't wait for the saga to continue!!!:B

To be on the safe side a few bales of straw on the MH roof edges will soften the blow of a crashing shed roof. In this case it will be a while before there is much to crush on the MH. 🙂

PapPappy
Explorer
Explorer
CISCO8325 wrote:
4. will the weather hit and break the shed and crash down on the rv.

:h

😮 OMG....don't even want to have those kinds of thoughts.....

From the looks of things, that shed will be plenty strong for the winters up there.....

Yup, can't wait for the saga to continue!!!:B
Bill & Claudia / DD Jenn / DS Chris / GS MJ
Dogs: Sophie, Abby, Brandy, Kahlie, Annie, Maggie, Tugger & Beau 🙂
RIP: Cookie, Foxy & Gidget @ Rainbow Bridge.😞
2000 Winnebago "Minnie" 31C, Ford V-10
Purchased April 2008:B FMCA# F407293
The Pets

CISCO8325
Explorer
Explorer
yup getting the popcron ready for the new season,1. what new project will come out of this.,2 will he complete the rv. 3. will he complete the shed. 4. will the weather hit and break the shed and crash down on the rv. Stay tune for the new fall season , same time ,same channel. hehehehe ...I waiting like everyone else I'm getting gitty about all this.LOL

pointbrze
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah! Take Pics, Take Pics! 🙂
Me - Cindy
Sonny (Toy Poodle)
CoCo (LhasaPoo)

2010 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2501SS
2007 Tundra V8, 5.7L, P2 brake controller

Spectramac
Explorer
Explorer
Progress hit a brick wall the last few weeks as I had to get ready for our annual Labor Day trip. We leave in the morning. Once this is behind us, the top priority is getting that shed done and the RV moved in!!
Malcolm

Rudyp
Explorer
Explorer
Shaazamm! You know I had a Lance camper and I wound up doing exactly what you are doing but not such a big area. I wound up taking the enite side and rear corner and only the corner of the other rear side completly off. I had replaced all the frame and paneling. I fill
the frame I replaced was alot stronger the way I did it, plus the wood I used was stronger, Cant remember what I used but it sure wasnt the cheap 1 1/2" pine they use. It was a little time consuming
but I enjoyed doing it and saved myself a few thousand $$. Damage was caused by water leaks by the jacks that eventually wore the frame
from normal wear and tear. Have fun and good luck and as mentioned send progess updated pics as you go along.
RLP

03Ultra
Explorer
Explorer
Any progress?
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
2004 Itasca 36M Workhorse
2018 Toyota Tundra
2021 Toyota Highlander

firemedic16
Explorer
Explorer
Good to see you are working. I work about 60-80 hours a week myself, so I can relate. Earning money to support my family is priority number one. The shed looks good. Keep up the good work.

pointbrze
Explorer
Explorer
Spectramac wrote:
I'll leave them open for now. I just want the roof done so I can move the Dodge in there and figure out where I left off. :B

I loved reading this thread! Make sure you take a pic once you move it under there! At least that'll keep me happy for a little bit!:)
Me - Cindy
Sonny (Toy Poodle)
CoCo (LhasaPoo)

2010 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2501SS
2007 Tundra V8, 5.7L, P2 brake controller

PapPappy
Explorer
Explorer
Spectramac wrote:
I'll leave them open for now. I just want the roof done so I can move the Dodge in there and figure out where I left off. :B

Looks like the shed is coming along....should be done just in time for the winter, when you'll need it to keep up with the work on the RV.
I'd hold off on the sides, and maybe just get some tarps to put up to keep the wind out....as well as the snow that you guys get.

Keep those pictures coming!

Also think you might want to put a couple of pieces of carpet under the ladder to protect the Camero:B
Bill & Claudia / DD Jenn / DS Chris / GS MJ
Dogs: Sophie, Abby, Brandy, Kahlie, Annie, Maggie, Tugger & Beau 🙂
RIP: Cookie, Foxy & Gidget @ Rainbow Bridge.😞
2000 Winnebago "Minnie" 31C, Ford V-10
Purchased April 2008:B FMCA# F407293
The Pets

tempforce
Explorer
Explorer
i see you found a use for the old camaro....
glad to see that your working and don't really have time for the projects.
i'm betting it'll be a year or two before you get it done.
the next project i'm planning, i figure it will take five years from start to finish.

somewhere in the texas 'lost pines'

currently without rv.
'13' Ford Fusion
'83' Ford Ranger with a 2.2 Diesel.
'56' Ford F100, 4.6 32 valve v8, crown vic front suspension.
downsizing from a 1 ton diesel and a 32' trailer, to a 19-21' trailer for the '56'.

Spectramac
Explorer
Explorer
Malcolm

bondebond
Explorer
Explorer
Do you plan on enclosing the sides of the shed, or just leaving them open?
This space left intentionally.

2006 Fleetwood Sequoia and mods...one of the tallest highwall pop-ups on the planet after flipping the axle.

Spectramac
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, I wish I had pics of the RV, but I still have to get this pesky shed done first... I got the roof half done so far.

I've been pretty busy at work, but we slowed down a little this week. All this and our yearly Labor Day boat trip is looming closer and closer. Between fixing the boat, truck and camper I've got my work cut out for me. 😞
Malcolm