cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixing water damage on the old Dodge (pics)

Spectramac
Explorer
Explorer
I got started on my summer project the last couple days. I found this thing on Craig's list for $100 and drove it home. It's a 78 Dodge Monaco 23' with a 440. Here's what it looked like when I brought it home.

Ok, time to dive in!

Oh man, I can't believe the huge bag of rusty screws I have already! It's actually not as rotten as I was thinking it was going to be. Just in the corners, where the screws need to be. Still so much to remove....
Malcolm
813 REPLIES 813

oldtrucker63
Explorer
Explorer
ron.dittmer wrote:
Agreed. Let's Hope Spec..... get's back into it.

I consider Spec Project #1 and oldmantrucker #2, though trucker has pulled out far ahead.

Come on Spec, Get out of the pit and back on the track!
.....LOL

Just so everyone know, I did not put him into the wall.....LOL:B
Without Trucks,....America Stop's

ron_dittmer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Agreed. Let's Hope Spec..... get's back into it.

I consider Spec Project #1 and oldmantrucker #2, though trucker has pulled out far ahead.

Come on Spec, Get out of the pit and back on the track!

rockerbox
Explorer
Explorer
Me too. I've been watching this thread and have read them all since the beginning and hope the Class C rebuild continues.

Bill in Alaska
Bill

mikakuja
Explorer
Explorer
I'm hoping to see the project continue...Would be a shame to see all that great work rot away in the eternal rains.......

65CrewCabPW
Explorer
Explorer
I've been away for a LONG time. And this thread is not officially dead yet, so I thought I'd get it back into line. Winter is going to be subsiding in the land of eternal rain (where spectramac lives) pretty quick, so the winter rains will be replaced by the spring rains and then they'll ahve summer rains and then fall rains...

In between that, I hope we get to see some motorhome being assembled...
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Mopars forever... Not German, Japanese, Chinese...American Mopars!
The price of freedom is higher than the price of slavery, but it's still a bargain!

oldtrucker63
Explorer
Explorer
Ya know he might have put that Christmas Tree up And then built the house around it.:B

PapPappy
Explorer
Explorer
The house looks great!! Like it was built for that Christmas Tree:)

Don't worry about it getting warm again.....after all, it seems like just yesterday that you started this thread, and it's been about 2-1/2 years:S

Time flies when you are having fun:)
Bill & Claudia / DD Jenn / DS Chris / GS MJ
Dogs: Sophie, Abby, Brandy, Kahlie, Annie, Maggie, Tugger & Beau 🙂
RIP: Cookie, Foxy & Gidget @ Rainbow Bridge.😞
2000 Winnebago "Minnie" 31C, Ford V-10
Purchased April 2008:B FMCA# F407293
The Pets

oldtrucker63
Explorer
Explorer
WOW....That is a great looking place, I wish I had a nightmare like that.

Spectramac
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to my dream, or is it a nightmare!? :B We had a white Thanksgiving up here, it made for an interesting few days. I can't wait to get Christmas out of the way and get back to some warmer weather so I can get some work done outside.

Malcolm

oldtrucker63
Explorer
Explorer
tboss wrote:
and wht did this prove?????I think he was trying to show us how strong his new chain is....
That must have been the guy that got Fired from his job for dragging the bosses new chain around, When the boss ask him, What the heck are you dragging my new chain for, He replied....What you want me to do Push it.

oldtrucker63
Explorer
Explorer
braeworth wrote:
Hi everybody!

Just discovered this thread this morning and read through it, all 76 pages! I'm a 63-year-old gal who knows zippo about construction, renovation, etc., but LOVE rv'ing and love this saga.

Remember the line from "South Pacific"?
"If you don't have a dream, how are you going to make a dream come true?"

Spectramac: you have my admiration. Don't give up!

Pam
Welcome to RV.net, This place has the Nicest People you will ever chat with, Here is one more rebuild If you like stuff like this, It is a lot of reading with a lot of photos.

RV Rebuild

braeworth
Explorer
Explorer
Hi everybody!

Just discovered this thread this morning and read through it, all 76 pages! I'm a 63-year-old gal who knows zippo about construction, renovation, etc., but LOVE rv'ing and love this saga.

Remember the line from "South Pacific"?
"If you don't have a dream, how are you going to make a dream come true?"

Spectramac: you have my admiration. Don't give up!

Pam

PapPappy
Explorer
Explorer
Spectramac wrote:
Ha-ha! That guy cracks me up!!! Look how much time I could've saved! I have a chain! :B

You might be able to contact him, and see about getting some "spare" parts! :B

I wonder how many trips to the dump he had to make??? Would have been easier, to drive the RV to the dump, and then pulling it apart there!:)
Bill & Claudia / DD Jenn / DS Chris / GS MJ
Dogs: Sophie, Abby, Brandy, Kahlie, Annie, Maggie, Tugger & Beau 🙂
RIP: Cookie, Foxy & Gidget @ Rainbow Bridge.😞
2000 Winnebago "Minnie" 31C, Ford V-10
Purchased April 2008:B FMCA# F407293
The Pets

Spectramac
Explorer
Explorer
Ha-ha! That guy cracks me up!!! Look how much time I could've saved! I have a chain! :B
Malcolm

Kendas
Explorer
Explorer
Naaaa... That's what mine is going to look like when I finally pull the bumper out from the radiator. Like spectromatic, sometimes the "real" world slaps you in the face and you don't get to do what you "want"

Ken
1978 21ft Tioga Dodge 440 Motor,
4.5kw Generac and 80 watts Solar
1984 Goldwing Interstate (Daily driver)
Misc Things I've done to my RV pictures

USAF Retired
To Err is human... To Forgive is not SAC Policy.