cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fleetwood Discovery 40X

scot-to-rv
Explorer
Explorer
We are just getting our Diesel Pusher out of storage and it won't start. I have two questions:
1). Is it a 12 volt or 24 volt? What is the difference?
2). What is the best way to boost our motorhome?

Thanx
6 REPLIES 6

scot-to-rv
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you. We put a charger on the battery and left it over night started:). We had taken the house batteries out for winter and no shore power. We are now ready for summer. Yeah

Ava
Explorer
Explorer
Hi gemert, thanks for the correction. I described it then put the wrong term to it. I do know my series and parallel connections. Doug

gemert
Explorer
Explorer
Ava wrote:
It is a 12 volt system with more than one battery connected in series. That is positive cable to positive terminals and negatives to negative terminals assuming all are 12 volt batteries. Connected in series is still 12 volts but twice the amperage. Make sure all batteries are fully charged, at least 12.25 volts to a full charge at 12.75 volts.

Careful!!! This post has right and wrong in it. If you connect 12 batteries in series the voltage will add and fry your electronics. 12+12=24. What he described is hooking them in parallel with Pos to Pos and neg to neg. In that case the voltage will not add but remain the same as he described. So I believe that was a typo but if you were to find a diagram of batteries in series and followed it, you would be in trouble.
Jerry
Chief USN Retired
2003 Beaver Patriot Thunder C-12 505HP
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4

Ava
Explorer
Explorer
It is a 12 volt system with more than one battery connected in series. That is positive cable to positive terminals and negatives to negative terminals assuming all are 12 volt batteries. Connected in series is still 12 volts but twice the amperage. Make sure all batteries are fully charged, at least 12.25 volts to a full charge at 12.75 volts.

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Start Generator, and try aux start.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

Rollnhome
Explorer
Explorer
Have you tried the aux start? Are you pluged in to shore power?
2008 Discovery 40X towing a Jeep Grand Cherokee