cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fleetwood Discovery 40X

Buffettphan
Explorer
Explorer
So after my "Thinking of a Pusher" posts, I have received a ton of info. RVtrader and youtube are a have a ton of information on pushers and we are now strongly heading in that direction.

Well, today on the way home we stopped at a local dealer and spotted a 2007 Discovery 40X. Perfect floor plan and the wife fell in love right away. She would have bought it if we were ready to actually buy. I have been leaong, based on my research and your input, on Winni, Newmar and Tiffin. I have had a 1996 Southwind in the past but no nothing of the newer models of Fleetwood.

Are they good rigs? Roofs, slides ect. So looking forward to your thoughts on the topic. Im a stickler for roofs and no leaks. Hoping the roof system is tops.
2004 Lance 1010
2005 GMC 2500HD
Bilstine Shocks
Hellwigs
Tork lifts
Stables Loads
Thule duel axle trailer
2012 Harley Davidson Electra Glide Limited
2013 Softail Deluxe
2004 Harley Davidson Sportster 883C
6 REPLIES 6

Blaster_Man
Explorer
Explorer
The Discovery 40X is a very popular coach.
2014 American Eagle

Blackdiamond
Explorer
Explorer
I owned a 07' discovery for 6 years, pretty reliable. Roof was good the whole time. The issues I can remember are: I had both rear jacks go out, at different times, requited new motor assemblies, transfer switch went out (probably my fault for not checking the connections), 1 slide motor when out, 1 slide gear pin sheared off...and 1 carbon monoxide detector when out, at 3 am on a cold night, that was so much fun.
03' Fleetwood Southwind 32VS
Enclosed Trailer hauling the toys
05 525 EXC KTM
15' FE350s Husqvarna/KTM
07 Rhino, long travel, 4 seater

Triker33
Explorer
Explorer
mike brez wrote:
I always liked that floor plan.
If you are ok with a rear radiator and rubber roof Brochure

The 2007 D has a Color Coordinated Royal Tuff-Ply Roof that will last many years.

And there is nothing wrong with a EPDM roof either. My 19 year old one is still good. 🙂 And has only been power washed 2 times a year with no soap or brushing needed.

Discovery Owners club has great support for owners with any problems that come up.
DOIA
Larry Full Time Since 99
1999 34Q Discovery DP ISB 275HP 6 Speed Allison
VMSpc | Pressure Pro
14 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost Toad

Click here to see where I am

Belgique
Explorer
Explorer
Bought a 2007 40X last Dec and absolutely love it. Well designed and well built.
Hickory, NC
2007 Fleetwood Discovery 40X

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
I always liked that floor plan.
If you are ok with a rear radiator and rubber roof Brochure
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our 2005 Fleetwood Excursion 39S has been a very good and reliable DP. Currently in West Texas on the way from MN to Phoenix.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.