cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fleetwood / REV recreation group

et2
Explorer
Explorer
I just dropped off our 2013 Fleetwood for some body work. Our appointment was made two days past the structural warranty of 3 years. There were some fiberglass cracks starting around the front door and above. Some of the repair was done prior to this visit by General RV about a year ago ( they did a substandard repair) under warranty.

While at the Decatur Indiana service center they noticed the bad repair by General RV and authorized to have all the crack issues fixed correctly and inspect to any structural issues. All no charge.

Now I'm one of the first to complain about bad service, but I'm also one to praise those who go overboard to keep their customers happy. I think Fleetwood is doing a great thing by servicing our rig when it was just a few days out of warranty. All the people at their service center in Decatur were very friendly and extremely helpful.

I will say the new service center is a beautiful place. They have paved the lot, installed 50 amp electrical posts, give you a pass to get into the bathrooms at night. They even have washing machine and driers to use if needed. Your assigned a spot until your repairs are done if you need to camp out. They bring your rig back in the evening. There is a lounge with TV's , computer access, WiFi, etc.

It' s a class act. It's great to see a company doing the right things to keep their current customers happy. They even do chassis service work and have certified chassis techs. Remodels are also done for those wanting to upgrade their older homes.

It was a great experience. And I drove 31/2 hours to just utilize this service center over General RV which was 15 minutes away. Well worth the trip!!
9 REPLIES 9

Dick_A
Explorer
Explorer
It would appear they are back to the early John Crean days of Fleetwood.
2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WA7MXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty :B

sandblast
Explorer
Explorer
REV group has announced they have purchased property in Mesquite Nv. for a factory service and repair facility.

For those not familiar Mesquite Nv. is on I-15 at the border of Nevada and
Arizona very close to St. George Ut. and Las Vegas Nv.

I have previously owned a Discovery (great m/h) and this announcement will be a real asset for my future American Coach purchase.

et2
Explorer
Explorer
I just picked our MH back up today. They did a exceptional job with the repair and found another area needing attention. They took care of the repair. Very busy there. Lots of American Coaches ( not sure why). Did see some older rigs getting new paint jobs ( they really looked great).

The employees I dealt with were outstanding. Assigned service coordinator was Greg Hancock,great guy. The body shop tech was great as well. They explained in detail everything they were going to do and everything they did do. They even made sure it was plugged in the week between job completion and me picking it up.

It was great to see that someone still believes in customer service.

tinkerer
Explorer
Explorer
I have never used their repair facility but have used them for technical advice and they were first rate. I was able to talk to a very knowledgeable person immediately. They even followed up a couple of days later to inquire whether I solved my problem.:B

jassrnj
Explorer
Explorer
That is GREAT news. I'm looking to purchase a used Fleetwood MH and now I feel good about having repairs and upgrades made.

Blaster_Man
Explorer
Explorer
I took my previous MH to Decatur for some out of warranty work. It was a serious issue that should have been fixed before the coach left the factory. However, they made that fix, as well as another out of warranty repair, and reimbursed me for diesel fuel costs...all without charge.
2014 American Eagle

BennieH
Explorer
Explorer
Listening to the REV management at a rally earlier this year they talked about service and quality being important in their plans. Sounds like they are walking the talk! If they stick to it I am almost certain they will be very successful. I for one will pay a fair price for quality products and service.
Bob & Pam
2003 Monaco Camelot 40PBDD
Ford Edge or Chevy Silverado toad.

Post your Park Reviews at:
http://www.rvparkreviews.com/

Bruce_Brown
Our last Fleetwood was a 1990 Flair. That's thing was so bad if it had been our first motorhome there never would have been another.

It is very nice and refreshing to see yet again another post on how well the new owners of Fleetwood are doing business. It seems the old days are gone and there is a new corporate culture at Fleetwood, and from my prospective that's great to see.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

pointrow
Explorer
Explorer
I have been using Fleetwood's Decatur facility since 1997. Never go back to dealer for any work. That is why I bought another Fleetwood. In fact I'm leaving for Decatur tomorrow for a Monday service appointment.
Seems the word is out and getting out farther for an appointment. They were almost 3 months in July which is still quicker than a dealer and waiting for them to get around to actually working on your unit.
good luck
pointrow