Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Flooring Installation

hries
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,
I have a 2004 HR Endeavor 40PRT. I'm looking to get a hardwood laminate installed. Looking at the main slide, I think it just drags along the floor.
One service center said they would need to install rollers to keep the floor from getting scratched. The install along with the flooring would be over $6,000.
Another service center said it's a bad idea to install rollers.
Anyone out there do this to your coach? I know one guys said take it to Carpiterea.
HR Endeavor 40PRT
34 REPLIES 34

homefor2
Explorer
Explorer
I would like to tackle the flooring job as I had done several in homes and they turned out great. My questions are 1. do you butt tight against the tile floor in the kitchen and leave a gap at the other end for expansion ? 2. will the slide in the 5th wheel leave marks on the floor when it comes in and out ?
1998 Carriage Conestoga 3742

rowekmr
Explorer
Explorer
Glad I found this thread. I have the original carpet (well worned) and wanted something new that is easier to clean up spills with.
10 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost
07 Lincoln Navigator
00 Newmar Dutch Star 3851

erniee
Explorer
Explorer
hries wrote:
I found a floor installer that will do it for me. He said the vinyl planks should not be glued down. He said he leaves a 1/4" gap at the edges fro expansiona nd cotraction.

if he doesn't have gray hair he hasn't been in the flooring business very long. Ernie- flooring since 1972
Ernie Ekberg, Prevost Liberty XL Classic

hries
Explorer
Explorer
I found a floor installer that will do it for me. He said the vinyl planks should not be glued down. He said he leaves a 1/4" gap at the edges fro expansiona nd cotraction.
HR Endeavor 40PRT

erniee
Explorer
Explorer
prices vary- depends on quality of materials, if you can do all or part of demo, etc

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
40' RV a good hardwood installation should run around $3000. DIY vinyl plank installation will be substantially less but you have to do the work and it's vinyl, not hardwood.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Tinstar
Explorer
Explorer
hries wrote:
The install along with the flooring would be over $6,000.

ScottG wrote:
They want 6K because they don't know what they're getting into.
Avoid!

So, are there any ballpark figures on what a good install should cost? Is the $6000 in-line or totally out of line?
:CNever pass up a chance to go somewhere:C

erniee
Explorer
Explorer
I turned 70 last Nov and don't know how long I want to do what I do.

wvabeer
Explorer
Explorer
I have installed the vinyl planks(glued down) in an Airstream motor home. They looked great but you could see between the planks, glue. With the engineered wood glued down it would have a much cleaner look. Just like what Ernie does. I will be putting down engineered hardwood and gluing in down like how Ernie does. It looks so good too. The guy know what hes doing.
1999 Dutch Star DP3884
2015 Camplite 6.8C
2012 Cherokee 39L destination
2022 F350 XL 4x4
07 FLHRS

hries
Explorer
Explorer
Those floors look real nice! Now I have to weigh the Pro's and Con's for installing the vinyl planks or the laminate. I think the vinyl is lighter and can be glued down, whereas I was told the laminate needs to be floating due to expansion and contraction.....
HR Endeavor 40PRT

Wanderlost
Nomad II
Nomad II
We had Mannington Adura vinyl planks in Country Oak Tumbleweed installed in our 2004 Itasca Sunrise. Absolutely love it.

Photos here:

Mannington Adura vinyl planks
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Rainbow Bridge: Spotacus, Alexander the Grrreat, and so very many more

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
subtroll wrote:
Just finished installing Pergo Laminate in our 2004 National Tropical. Bought 100 sq feet of laminate from Lowes ~$250 and hired local handyman to remove old carpet and install laminate...$300. Very pleased with the results. No scuff marks so far.

Chose laminate over tile to save weight and simpler installation. (Tile would add 900 lbs)

Can't remember how to add photos but will send by PM.

Use THIS for pics
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

hries
Explorer
Explorer
subtroll wrote:
Just finished installing Pergo Laminate in our 2004 National Tropical. Bought 100 sq feet of laminate from Lowes ~$250 and hired local handyman to remove old carpet and install laminate...$300. Very pleased with the results. No scuff marks so far.

Chose laminate over tile to save weight and simpler installation. (Tile would add 900 lbs)

That's awesome! If Carpeteria quote is too much, I'm going to do it myself. I know it's a lot of work to get that old carpet out.
HR Endeavor 40PRT

hries
Explorer
Explorer
subtroll wrote:

HR Endeavor 40PRT