cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FMCA Michelin Tires - 225/70R19.5?

NAUTIQUE
Explorer
Explorer
To anyone with FMCA Michelin Tire Program 1st hand experience....
I'm interested in getting an idea on what new tires would cost me through this program.

I have a 2000 GBM 30' (1999 F53 chassis) w/ 225/70R19.5's.

I had hoped to be upgrading the motorhome before needing new tires, but with a daughter in college that hope went south fast!
Sooo.... Going to bite the bullet and replace them & hope to be able to upgrade before the next set is needed! 🙂

I've got my tire guy pricing out Sumitimo's again.
I've had real good luck with the last set & they still look new after 8 years.

But I hear so much about the FMCA Michelin's I thought I'd check those out as a comparison.
However I guess you need to be a member to get pricing?
I'm also in Southeastern Ma. if that makes a difference in available dealers?

If anyone could give me a ballpark $ it would be greatly appreciated!
Our Portable Summer Cottage II : 2000 GBM LANDAU - 99 F53 chassis
Tweaked w/: Allure floor, Sumitomo ST718's, Bilstein's, Steer-Safe, UltraTrac rear trac bar, CHF & Poly Bushings. Pulling a 97 Jeep TJ- Pics & Mods * GBM Thread * F53 Thread
LIFE IS GOOD! :C
12 REPLIES 12

outofplace
Explorer
Explorer
I just tried there site and they must be having Server Issues as i was on it friday and things went smoothly and ALOT quicker.Heck it wont even load for me now
Paul
2016 Outlaw 38RE

outofplace
Explorer
Explorer
I just priced 235/80R 22.5 and they are 490.xx installed mounted and balanced Would be curious what the discount is I would be inclined to Join FMCA.
Paul
2016 Outlaw 38RE

bshpilot
Explorer
Explorer
dons2346 wrote:
bshpilot wrote:
whats the cost of the FMCA program / membership ?
I don't get why i have to call anyone to sign up for anything in this day & age.

You don't have to call anyone unless you want to. Here is the FMCA website. At the top, you will see a "join" button. FMCA

After you join, take some time to explore the site to see what you get for your $40.00 The big one is the FMCAssist.

every time I've tried to join, including TODAY I've received some kind of error, which insists i call someone Monday thru Friday.

the website is terrible & slow....a total pia !
Don R.
'04 42' Haulmark Motor Coach - 450hp/1650tq / 12 spd SmartShift
'12 Jeep Wrangler Sport (manual trans)
'17 Platinum F350 (6.7L, SRW, CC, Long bed, 4x4)

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
bshpilot wrote:
I don't get why i have to call anyone to sign up for anything in this day & age.

You don't have to call anyone unless you want to. Here is the FMCA website. At the top, you will see a "join" button. FMCA

After you join, take some time to explore the site to see what you get for your $40.00 The big one is the FMCAssist.

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
I priced 285-75/16s through Costco yesterday and they were $870.00 so that's a ballpark. These are 10 ply, our 1100/22s thru a company discount are $422 so that's a good price.

bshpilot
Explorer
Explorer
Don R.
'04 42' Haulmark Motor Coach - 450hp/1650tq / 12 spd SmartShift
'12 Jeep Wrangler Sport (manual trans)
'17 Platinum F350 (6.7L, SRW, CC, Long bed, 4x4)

NAUTIQUE
Explorer
Explorer
Executive wrote:
Ballpark, Michelin XDS 2 is 360/tire, plus tax....Dennis

Dennis, thanks for the info.!
(And to all others for the replies.)

I had checked out the FMCA site, but it was "signing in" that was the problem, since I haven't joined.

I'm just trying to get an idea if it would be worth going Michelin over my Sumitomos, if it where a real good deal.

As anyone who's dealt with the older F53's might know, this rig is a B*tch to get hitched-up with new sneakers, balanced correctly, & riding right!
8 years ago my tire guy put on new tires with dyna beads for me - HE hated the way they rode. Took them off rebalanced with weights, still hated them, took them off again & sent them back.
We then went with Sumitomo, still took a couple tries to get them balanced right, but have been 90% happy with them over the past 8 years. So my first choice was to go with them again.
(I'll also be having him replace the sway bar bushings & doing the CHF while he has it.)
Our Portable Summer Cottage II : 2000 GBM LANDAU - 99 F53 chassis
Tweaked w/: Allure floor, Sumitomo ST718's, Bilstein's, Steer-Safe, UltraTrac rear trac bar, CHF & Poly Bushings. Pulling a 97 Jeep TJ- Pics & Mods * GBM Thread * F53 Thread
LIFE IS GOOD! :C

Cloud_Dancer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just call FMCA. The lady that I talked to gave me all the information regarding the Michelin tire program, including the price of my tires.
You end up giving your credit card information to FMCA, and this makes you a member of the purchasing group that is intitled to the discount. At the Michelin dealer store, they verify that you're a member, but you pay FMCA and FMCA pays Michelin.
At least that's the way I understood it.
But, all this might've changed since.
Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

Valkyriebush
Explorer II
Explorer II
I saved 89 bucks per tire. That alone is worth joining.
Command Master Chief (AW) USN, (ret)
2003 Fleetwood Excursion 330 Turbo Cat 39D
2000 Jeep GC
2005 Big Ruckus (Rides Behind Jeep)
2003 VTX 1800

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ballpark, Michelin XDS 2 is 360/tire, plus tax....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Go here: http://www.fmca.com/join-family-motor-coach-association/member-benefits/fmca-connections/3455

Just sign in (the program is for FMCA members only) and one of the links will be a price list
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
I got new tires through the Michelin program a year ago. Someplace along the line I saw a price list of all the sizes. Not sure if it was on the internet or some place else. However you can call Michelin and I believe they will tell you.
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler