cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Footrest for jack knife sofa ideas?

BuckBarker
Explorer
Explorer
I was contemplating removing my jack knife sofa and installing 2 wall hugging recliners or a dual reclining loveseat. My only problem is that I find my sofa quite comfy for sleeping. I am not so concerned about the reclining feature but I like to have my feet up and the dinette is too far away to put them there and there is really no room to use free-standing foot stools.

Does anyone have any ideas at all on how I can incorporate a couple of fold down rests into the front base of a jack knife sofa?
15 REPLIES 15

KristinU
Explorer
Explorer
I just want top check back in on thus thread and thank you guys for the suggestion. We bought a pair of the QVC ones and they are brilliant! We are on a road trip now and have really appreciated the functionality. We have been using the feature of flipping over the top to use as a tray, works great!
Cheers!
Kristin
2008 Winnebago Chalet 31C
My camping party: me, DH, DS, and 2 DK9s
Our Blog: www.winnieadventures.blogspot.com

Turner__P
Explorer
Explorer
We got 2 folding end tables at Costco that we can use outside by our chairs or inside as a foot rest. They collapse like folding lawn chairs (chairs in a bag) and have a little bag to store them. Light weight, take very little room to store. We got 2 for less than $30. We saw them at CW but I couldn't find them on their web site Here is link to one at Amazon. Copy and paste it.
http://www.amazon.com/Lightweight-Premium-Folding-Aluminum-Umbrella/dp/B00A8QYT1M/ref=sr_1_73?ie=UTF8&qid=1370889703&sr=8-73&keywords=folding+camping+tables
Paul T

KristinU
Explorer
Explorer
the trippers wrote:
We use a small 'hassock', perfect height, two can use, and cushoined removeable top, it has storage inside, also use it between front seats when traveling to block the dogs out of the area.

LOVE this idea for the dual duty. I've been noodling on some sort of way to block the cab off from our dogs while we drive and I've also been thinking about a footrest but wondered where we'd keep it when traveling - brilliant, The Trippers!
Cheers!
Kristin
2008 Winnebago Chalet 31C
My camping party: me, DH, DS, and 2 DK9s
Our Blog: www.winnieadventures.blogspot.com

jlee745
Explorer
Explorer
Bordercollie
Thank you so much for posting that. Just placed the order.
Our camping photos2008 Jayco Jayflight 28bhs
2001 F-150 5.4 Supercrew 4x4
2000 F/S 17ft. Javelin
2 50cc scooters

Bordercollie
Explorer
Explorer
Giving you the idea gave me the idea to put one of our's out in the motorhome too.:-)

kginder
Explorer
Explorer
Bordercollie.... I thank you also. Just ordered from QVC. I don't know why these Jayco couches are so shallow but they are and they require a foot rest!

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
Hi BuckHarker, the DW found a fold up foot, leg rest that is adjustable in the slant part, works great. Folds up to about 3" high so easy to stow, almost like a recliner, you can have you feet in front of you resting to the thing and if you want to bring your legs up higher you just open it up and it goes almost flat like a recliner. Don't remember where she got it or the name of the company that made it.So there is something out there. Good luck in finding something that will work for you. Come to think of it, knowing the DW she probably found it a place like Big Lots, etc.
Bill
Brenda and Bill
2020 Lance 1172, our traveling rig
2013 Heartland Landmark Mesa, 40', fifth wheel, we keep at our snowbird home in central FL, Bushnell, FL.
2014 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, CC, 4x4, LB, duals, DuraMax

BuckBarker
Explorer
Explorer
Bordercollie...............thank you! That's it!

Bordercollie
Explorer
Explorer
QVC has collapsible ottomans that are smaller and lighter, can store stuff in them when assembled. Top is leatherette and padded for footrest.

http://www.qvc.com/CatalogSearch?langId=-1&storeId=10251&catalogId=10151&keyword=ottoman

BuckBarker
Explorer
Explorer
Ok all and thank you for the replies. We will try a hassock. If it doesn't work out for us, we can bring it into the house for one more place for a cat to hide.

JRandall
Explorer
Explorer
x 2 with Bobbo...they work great. Target has them.

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have 2 of these. The tops come off giving access to a lot of storage space inside. We keep spare bedsheets/blankets in them. The inside dimensions are perfect for storing the cushioned pillows you buy to block the air vents during the winter.

Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

the_trippers
Explorer
Explorer
We use a small 'hassock', perfect height, two can use, and cushoined removeable top, it has storage inside, also use it between front seats when traveling to block the dogs out of the area.
2018 Tiffin Allegro 32SA

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use my camp stool as a footrest. It is about 16-18" square and the right height.

There are RV sofas with built-in foot rests, and they also recline in stages. Winnebago calls theirs Rest Easy, they are not the only company to make one. Since they are installed only in higher-end models, with sofa slideouts, you may not have room.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B