Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ford E450 windshield washer

chilly123
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2008 jayco 31ft on a Ford chassis
One day the windshield washer pump quit working. I have been unable to find a diagram showing fuse layout. Someone told me that the washer pump is controlled by a modual for the windshield wipers. Any words of wisdom?
3 REPLIES 3

chilly123
Explorer
Explorer
My first thought was a relay or fuse, sadly this rig didn't come with the fuses or relays marked. Now after a two hour google search has led me nowhere.there is no power to the pump when the washer switch is pushed. I did try and jumper the pump with 12volts from the battery with disastrous results. So now i am back to square one

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
Hi,

Are you getting 12 volt power to the motor? Check it with a volt meter or trouble light that will come on when it has 12 VDC.

The engine should be on, and the wipers will run at the same time as the washer pump.

A after market pump and reservoir are for cars that did not come with one, and only about $15 at a place like JcWhitney.com

If you have no power to the pump, then start looking at the fuses, and relays.

Good luck!

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com

FrankShore
Explorer
Explorer
It could be a relay (not a fuse) that's causing your problem. Lookup (Google) your Ford truck and see what the wiring diagrams are. It's possible that it's a fuse, but a relay is more likely the culprit,
2014 F-250
2014 Minnie Winnie 2351DKS (Traded In-Burnout-Use A Surge Protector!)
2015 Arctic Fox 22G (Great Trailer But Heavy - Traded In)
2018 Lance 1685 w/ Solar & 4 Seasons Package
1999 Beneteau 461 Oceanis Yacht
En Norski i en Fransk båt - Dette må jeg se!