cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ford F53 Sway Bar Bushings for FRONT - Where to buy

kmb1966
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking at replacing the FRONT sway bar bushings. I have already replaced the rear ones with the poly bushings found on the Ebay source. All I see is Rear bushings. Where can I purchase the FRONT bushings? Is it the same bushings on the front as the rear?
2001 Ford F53 Itasca Suncruiser.
8 REPLIES 8

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Chum lee wrote:
Dutch_12078 wrote:
Chum lee wrote:
Hummmmmm. A Ford F53 chassis? When all else fails, try a Ford truck dealer. (go to the parts department)

Chum lee

Is Ford supplying long lasting polyurethane replacement bushings now? And at what price? Changing them is easy enough for even the most amateur of shade tree mechanics to do that paying $100+ per hour for a shop to do it seems like a waste of time and money to me. The OP has already changed the rear bushings, so he knows the routine.

Please read my post. I directed the OP to the Ford parts department. And yes, Ford does supply long lasting (whatever that means) sway bar bushings. Ford typically does not use polyurethane for sway bar bushings. The engineers at Ford have their own reasons for using the materials they use. If you choose not to use Ford factory bushings you are free to use whatever you want.

Chum lee

Yes, the Ford engineers have very good reasons for selecting the materials they use. It's called "built in obsolescence". Along with vehicle manufacturing, Ford is also in the replacement parts and repair business. There's nothing wrong with choosing a better quality aftermarket replacement part and saving a few bucks as well. Do you really think so many of us are adding to, replacing, or modifying our F53's just for the fun of it? Ford isn't the only company with good engineers...
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
Pepperoni wrote:
Chum lee wrote:
Hummmmmm. A Ford F53 chassis? When all else fails, try a Ford truck dealer. (go to the parts department)

Chum lee

Works for me. For a few dollars more, they will install. While there, get the works, oil change, filters, tire rotation, battery and coolant check. They will look at brakes and shocks while the tires are off.

But, but, but, Ford doesn't sell just the bushings. From Ford you get the whole sway bar, with bushings $$$$$. OEMs are not required to supply replacement parts for vehicles over 10 years old. If Ford bushings were the best, then they wouldn't need replacing. I've been running a set of Skuterdud's bushings for over 10 years and they are still tight on the sway bar.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

kmb1966
Explorer
Explorer
Chum lee wrote:
Dutch_12078 wrote:
Chum lee wrote:

Chum lee

Is Ford supplying long lasting polyurethane replacement bushings now? And at what price? Changing them is easy enough for even the most amateur of shade tree mechanics to do that paying $100+ per hour for a shop to do it seems like a waste of time and money to me. The OP has already changed the rear bushings, so he knows the routine.

Please read my post. I directed the OP to the Ford parts department. And yes, Ford does supply long lasting (whatever that means) sway bar bushings. Ford typically does not use polyurethane for sway bar bushings. The engineers at Ford have their own reasons for using the materials they use. If you choose not to use Ford factory bushings you are free to use whatever you want.

Chum lee

Ebay source is great. No Ford dealer for my chassis anywhere close to me. Local Ford dealer won't even discuss motorhome chassis parts.

Chum_lee
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
Chum lee wrote:

Chum lee

Chum lee

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Chum lee wrote:

Chum lee

Dutch

Pepperoni
Explorer
Explorer
Chum lee wrote:

Chum lee

Works for me. For a few dollars more, they will install. While there, get the works, oil change, filters, tire rotation, battery and coolant check. They will look at brakes and shocks while the tires are off.

Chum_lee
Explorer
Explorer

Chum lee

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
They're not the same. The same fellow that sells the rears on eBay also has the fronts:

Ford F53 Class A Motorhome FRONT Polyurethane Sway Bar Bushings 1999-2011
Dutch