cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Forest River Georgetown vs. Coachmen Encounter

Gauke
Explorer
Explorer
I think we have narrowed our search down to two coaches, a Forest River Georgetown and a Coachmen Encounter. Both are 2011 and one owner. Both seem to be in good shape and in fact we were able to talk with the owner of the Encounter. The Georgetown is in Texas and the Encounter is in NC about an 1 1/2 from our home. Obviously when we leave the dealer in Texas we're done but we can easily get to the dealer in NC. Despite all the positives we're still up in the air. Price is reasonable for both. Floor plans are similar and exactly what I'm looking for. Help!
10 REPLIES 10

jobythebay
Explorer
Explorer
ltatkinson wrote:
We just bought our first Class A. A 2012 Encounter. Being our first Class A we really didn't have anything to compare it to other then our TT's. But we LOVE it.

Tim

Congrats!!
Jo, Elliott, Cloey and Zoey, Havanese sisters
who JUST bought a Georgetown 328TS Class A and will be towing a 2010 Toyota Corolla.

ltatkinson
Explorer
Explorer
We just bought our first Class A. A 2012 Encounter. Being our first Class A we really didn't have anything to compare it to other then our TT's. But we LOVE it.

Tim
2012 Coachman Encounter 34TA,Firestone Air Bags on all 4 corners.

jobythebay
Explorer
Explorer
Gauke wrote:
I think we have narrowed our search down to two coaches, a Forest River Georgetown and a Coachmen Encounter. Both are 2011 and one owner. Both seem to be in good shape and in fact we were able to talk with the owner of the Encounter. The Georgetown is in Texas and the Encounter is in NC about an 1 1/2 from our home. Obviously when we leave the dealer in Texas we're done but we can easily get to the dealer in NC. Despite all the positives we're still up in the air. Price is reasonable for both. Floor plans are similar and exactly what I'm looking for. Help!

We just bought a Georgetown based on floorplan. That is supposed to be (so I read) the number one reason to buy one over the other. I also would go to the one closer to home if all else is equal which it sounds like it is.
Jo, Elliott, Cloey and Zoey, Havanese sisters
who JUST bought a Georgetown 328TS Class A and will be towing a 2010 Toyota Corolla.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
which one has the fiberglass roof. get it. which one has a rubber roof, get the other one.
bumpy

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
alemar wrote:
Gauke is the wife.

Then it's a no brainier. Get the one she likes best.
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

Gauke
Explorer
Explorer
Funny - yes I am the "wife" and I have been doing all of the research which is a little scary! I think we have decided on the Encounter and we will talk to the salesman tomorrow. I just feel better buying local although the salesman in Texas has gone over and beyond to help us. After talking with the previous owner I think most of the problems that arise with a new one have been worked out. Thanks for your input.

okgc
Explorer
Explorer
If all else is equal there are advantages to buying from a dealer close to home.
2010 Tiffin Allegro RED 36 QSA with GMC Envoy
Alaska 2015

alemar
Explorer
Explorer
Gauke is the wife.

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
alemar wrote:
It might be best to get the one closer to you. But, which one do you like the best???

HAGD,
Alex

NL '65

Or better yet your wife.
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

alemar
Explorer
Explorer
It might be best to get the one closer to you. But, which one do you like the best???

HAGD,
Alex

NL '65

PS: Get the dealer to check/adjust the tire pressure for all the tires before signing any papers.