cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freightliner Oasis Repair Centers

puttputtnut
Explorer
Explorer
I recently purchased a 2006 Mandalay Presidio Motorhome with a Freightliner Chassis. The motorhome has never been serviced and I need everything for the chassis and the MBE 926 engine. The RV has a little over 22K miles.

I understand that Freightliner Chassis has a number of 'Oasis' repair shops including two in the Atlanta area. Both of these are run by Peach State Truck which is a very large multiple locations truck dealer.

My question is has anyone had any good/bad experiences in using an 'Oasis' RV repair facility?

Any comments or concerns is very much appreciated. I have just joined FCOC and hope to go to one of Freightliners two schools.

Please have a safe driving day and let me know your thoughts.

Bobby
Bobby & Brenda Moreman plus Sophie our JRT
99 Monaco Diplomat 38 with slide
Dodge Dakota w/railroad Hy-Rail gear -Toad
see us at www.narcoa.org
N4GXK
Wave when you see us on the railroad tracks.
10 REPLIES 10

Gau_8
Explorer
Explorer
Dont use Freightliner Of Houston. Although thy are an Oasis dealer, they would not help me with my 07 chassis when I broke down there. They only see RVs by appointment even if you are broken down. Said they could see me in two weeks.

They also could not find the part I needed after telling me on the phone that they had 10 of them.

I will never darken their door again.

If that is Oasis service, I will pass.

haddy1
Explorer
Explorer
johnhicks wrote:
I went to one of the Peach State centers for some work because they were an Allison dealer; I don't recall what it was supposed to be but there was nothing at all "Oasis" about this shop. They did, however, find me a spot to park for our three-day stay in Camp Parking Lot and offered to bring a power drop, which I didn't need.

The gist of it is, though, is it's a truck shop.

The did replace the Allison ECU, found that there was an additional problem beyond their "dealer" abilities and referred me to the Allison distributor's shop.

When you go for Allison service I'd suggest you go to Gaffney or to W.W. Williams (the Allison distributor) in southeast Atlanta. Since we were heading westward we went to Williams in Montgomery; although not an RV-oriented shop the guys went all-out to make our two-week stay in Camp Parking Lot comfortable.

I doubt that Gaffney is the place for serious Allison service/repairs. They do some things, but for the really serious stuff like reprogramming etc. they will probably have to refer you to an Allison shop. The same thing applies to serious Cummins items. Their expertise is your FL chassis. They "service" the other items.
2019 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH
2018 Grand Cherokee Toad

johnhicks
Explorer
Explorer
I went to one of the Peach State centers for some work because they were an Allison dealer; I don't recall what it was supposed to be but there was nothing at all "Oasis" about this shop. They did, however, find me a spot to park for our three-day stay in Camp Parking Lot and offered to bring a power drop, which I didn't need.

The gist of it is, though, is it's a truck shop.

The did replace the Allison ECU, found that there was an additional problem beyond their "dealer" abilities and referred me to the Allison distributor's shop.

When you go for Allison service I'd suggest you go to Gaffney or to W.W. Williams (the Allison distributor) in southeast Atlanta. Since we were heading westward we went to Williams in Montgomery; although not an RV-oriented shop the guys went all-out to make our two-week stay in Camp Parking Lot comfortable.
-jbh-

haddy1
Explorer
Explorer
Just remember, many of the items are replace by time and/or mileage. Filters, especially the air filters (engine and air system) are time critical as well.
2019 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH
2018 Grand Cherokee Toad

puttputtnut
Explorer
Explorer
if this sounds goofy, so be it. going through the previous owners papers I found where he had serviced the mbe at 16000 miles. that's takes care of the big issue. I am elated with joy.

so the next service is the allision at 25k miles. ill probably wait until about 27k miles and have the transmission and the mbe serviced at the same time.

I plan to go to the two schools that FCCC has in gafney. the very good part is its about 3 plus hours from the house. good idea to have it serviced at the factory.

now the short trips to ride railroad tracks is more of a certain thing and I don't have to worry about hurting the rv.

want to ride rr tracks. see us at www.narcoa.org

thanx so much everybody.
Bobby & Brenda Moreman plus Sophie our JRT
99 Monaco Diplomat 38 with slide
Dodge Dakota w/railroad Hy-Rail gear -Toad
see us at www.narcoa.org
N4GXK
Wave when you see us on the railroad tracks.

haddy1
Explorer
Explorer
Oasis centers are still operated by the independent owners. Some are very good, some not so much. If I lived within a days drive of Gaffney, there is no question that's where I would go.

Their prices are fair and if you are a FCOC member, you get a discount. If you don't know the service history of your coach, getting it right (at least for the first service) is very important. After that you can choose other options like Speedco or Oasis.
2019 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH
2018 Grand Cherokee Toad

Rollnhome
Explorer
Explorer
I have used Oasis shops in Florida and Arizona very happy with service. Have used Freightliner truck shops ( nonOasis) and have been very disappointed. The Oasis shop have better customer service the truck shops are commercial get'em in fix'em up and get'em back on the road. Down time costs truckers money.
2008 Discovery 40X towing a Jeep Grand Cherokee

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
Bobby, I haven't been to the shops that you mentioned. I use the site (www.rvservicereviews) to see what the customers are saying.

I pulled up the site and two Peach Tree shops are on the list, one with an excellent review and one with a poor review. You can read the reviews to get your own opinion.

Good luck,
MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
You can check out reviews of shops at this site

You aren't all that far from Freightliner in Gaffney. You could sign up for Camp Freightliner and have your coach serviced by people that you know are doing it right, plus as a FcOC member, you get the discount there... other places may or may not give you the discount .
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
I would suggest that you go to Freightliner in Gaffney, SC. You can get service there and also attend a visit to the Freightliner factory and school.
The repair facility has several places for overnite parking with 50 amp service. Water and a dump station.
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog