cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fresh water hose kinking

derh20
Explorer
Explorer
I have constantly been frustrated by the difficulty i have rolling up my hose for storage, especially in colder weather. i am looking for is a hose that is more flexible and therefore easier to roll up and store. Any ideas would be appreciated.
13 REPLIES 13

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a hose labeled as Kink Free. seems to work.
bumpy

derh20
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the feedback so far. I purchased a white one like mentioned above, but found the water would not come on easily. I had to put the hose between two fingers and squeeze the water out. I will look into the ones mentioned above and try them out. I wish someone would make one that works as well as the green ones you see on TV for potable water.

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Valterra makes a flat white water hose without the reel for $25. Instead of a $50 reel I coil mine up and put it in a heavy duty plastic mailing envelop from Boc City for $1.89. Had it since 1990, had to replace the end fittings but the hose is still good.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

dbbls
Explorer
Explorer
The most flexible hose I have ever had is one I bought at Ace Hardware. It is a "Ace" brand and I use it almost exclusively. It is very easy to coil even when it is cold.
2011 F-350 CC Lariat 4X4 Dually Diesel
2012 Big Country 3450TS 5th Wheel

ron_dittmer
Explorer II
Explorer II
pianotuna wrote:
Hi,

I got one similar to this at Peevey Mart.

Flat water hose
We bought the same flat hose at Walmart some years ago.

obgraham
Explorer
Explorer
I asked the same question on the B forum a while back. My regular hoses take up too much space in the B. So I'm going with the flat rollup noted above -- but I'll get the 25 footer, because you have to unroll it all to use it.

Since I fill via the gravity filler, and seldom stay hooked up to water, I think the flat hose will hold up okay.

Gene_in_NE
Explorer II
Explorer II
pianotuna wrote:
Hi,

Flat water hose
I have a similar one. Looks like this -

Flat RV Hose at Camping World
2002 Trail-Lite Model 211-S w/5.7 Chevy (click View Profile)
Gene

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

Flat water hose
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
Spend more than $8 on a fresh water hose?

Don't buy it at Wal Mart?

Sorry, all out of ideas now.

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
Here's what you need. It doesn't take up much more room than the hose itself. This one is on EBay, but they sell them at Lowe's and Home Depot as well. They just don't want you to know that you can get something at this price. They want to sell you a cart.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

hotbyte
Explorer
Explorer
You might try either twisting the hose as you coil it or alternate swapping the coil where it coils from over top and under bottom. Also, lay the hose out straight prior to coiling. But, yeah, the quality of the hose makes a difference in how easily it coils.
2018 Minnie Winnie 24M

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I know your looking for a better hose but I'v found that if I coil mine up in a 5 gallon bucket they stay pretty contained and kink free.

Healeyman
Explorer
Explorer
A-ha! I think I see the problem and it may just be one of semantics, but one does not ROLL a hose.

One COILS a hose. I have coiled 100 footers without issue.

Another approach is to coil the hose on the ground in a figure-eight pattern. Then pick up the OUTSIDES (farthest from the crossover) of the loops and put them together.

Tim