cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fueling Issue

ThorneIN
Explorer II
Explorer II

Am trying to find out a fueling issue I’m having with a Thor Venetian Motorhome.  The handle keeps shutting down so frustrating trying to fuel.  

3 REPLIES 3

craig7h
Nomad II
Nomad II

Its all about the vent tube. In a past MH I had to raise one side with the jacks so it would fill. I finally learned about the vent tube, I followed it and found a bad kink in the line. I straighten the line and problem solved. 

Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad

I had a gasser motorhome that had this problem. It got increasingly worse till it wouldn't take fuel at all. I took it into a shop and the gas tank vent was clogged with mud dauber nests. The tech cleaned those all out. Problem solved. 

Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II

That's a tough one. I have the same issue with one of my vehicles where the handle keeps shutting off. Sometimes I'm able to just flip the fill handle upside down so the trigger is on top instead of on the bottom and it fills better. Many times I can only pull the handle half way so it it stays on longer before it shuts off. And sometimes I slide the edge of the fill cap between the nozzle boot and the fill pipe allowing the excess pressure to bleed off to atmosphere.

Ultimately the nozzle is mistakenly detecting what it thinks is a full tank and shuts off to avoid overfill. By allowing the pressure in the tank to bleed off instead of the nozzle trying to suck all the vapors into a vapor recovery system I believe it can continue filling. Of course the downside of this is there is a much higher chance of overfill and spilling fuel onto your shoes.

2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup