cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gas vs diesel value

jwiz7
Explorer
Explorer
I sold my gas Monaco 2 yrs ago and now want another. I never considered a diesel because i thought they were out of my price range. But while researching i realized that diesels approaching 8-10 yrs seem to be very close to values of gas units. So now i am considering purchasing a diesel. Question is. Why are their values so close as they approach 10 yrs? Prior to this age they is usually quite a bit different.
15 REPLIES 15

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
jwiz7, at 10 yrs. old a diesel coach will start needing new tires, possible air bags, new shocks and other items as they start to age.

But, even comparing a new gasser to a 10 yr. old diesel coach is still not a apples to apples comparison. The diesel unit will still have a more robust chassis and robust parts attached to it.

As you are seeing, that's the point where a lot of gas coach owners feel comfortable jumping into a diesel as the prices are more affordable. In my opinion, if I was in your shoes, I would choose the top-of-the-line coach of the brand that you like. They will usually have top quality cabinets and other upgrades like Aqua-Hot, washer and dryer, tile floors, leather furniture, etc.

MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins