cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

GEICO v. Coach-Net

RVROSE
Explorer
Explorer
My GEICO insurance coverage includes Emergency Road Service for the motorhome and the toad.

I also have Coach-Net.

Is this double coverage? Can (or should) I eliminate the GEICO emergency road service?
2005 Kountry Star with a 4 cyl. Saturn Vue with stick shift.
Mike and Rose and Pepper, our All-American black lap dog.
18 REPLIES 18

down_home
Explorer II
Explorer II
moparmaga2 wrote:
Okay, let me clear the air here, as I think the previous poster may be misinformed about Geico, and is stretching the truth about a 2000 mile tow.

First of all, Geico costs me $12 a year. Coach Net Costs $159 a year. Coach Net's cheapest plan only covers you for a 75 mile tow.

Geico will tow your RV to the "Nearest Authorized Dealership." Coach-Net will do the same. A person would have to be delusional to think otherwise.

I broke down in the Remote Yukon Territory in Canada on the way to Alaska. Geico towed me 283 miles back to the nearest authorized dealership that works on Caterpillar motors. This 283 mile tow was over some of the worst roads you can imagine. Gravel, Frost Heaves, etc. The worst road in the lower 48 looks like a freeway compared to this.

Total Cost of this tow: $5000 for 283 miles. Geico paid 100% without any hassle.

I am not sure if the previous poster has ever been to Alaska, but there is nowhere you can drive to on a road that is 2000 miles from Anchorage or Fairbanks. Contrary to what the Discovery Channel shows, these are modern cities, complete with Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Freighliner, Cat, Mercedes, VW, and any other dealership.

There is no way that Coach-Net is going to tow any RV from Anchorage to Seattle (Approx 2000 miles). If it cost me $5000 for 283 miles, that tow would cost more than $35,000. BULL.

Now Geico probably does not offer "Pet Return Assistance." Read deeper and I bet you find that this is not a free service. They will arrange to return your pet, but you pay all the fees. I could do this myself and cut out the middle man.

been in the RV community for a long time. I've talked with seveaal that have had their MHs towed more than a thousand miles. Geico and other Insurance policies and use to and may still be Sams would only tow you to the nearest facility. So you are mistaken. Not all facilities will even look at a MH. I can't thin, at the moment of the name but a big outfit that will service diesels in trucks won't look at a MH and ones that will don;t know what they are doing such as adding 39 qts of oil and not draining the old oil and tearing the seal off the dipstick and tearing up the grill by dropping it and letting the batteries go dead when they said they would lug it in and losing several hundre dolars in groceries.

moparmaga2
Explorer
Explorer
Okay, let me clear the air here, as I think the previous poster may be misinformed about Geico, and is stretching the truth about a 2000 mile tow.

First of all, Geico costs me $12 a year. Coach Net Costs $159 a year. Coach Net's cheapest plan only covers you for a 75 mile tow.

Geico will tow your RV to the "Nearest Authorized Dealership." Coach-Net will do the same. A person would have to be delusional to think otherwise.

I broke down in the Remote Yukon Territory in Canada on the way to Alaska. Geico towed me 283 miles back to the nearest authorized dealership that works on Caterpillar motors. This 283 mile tow was over some of the worst roads you can imagine. Gravel, Frost Heaves, etc. The worst road in the lower 48 looks like a freeway compared to this.

Total Cost of this tow: $5000 for 283 miles. Geico paid 100% without any hassle.

I am not sure if the previous poster has ever been to Alaska, but there is nowhere you can drive to on a road that is 2000 miles from Anchorage or Fairbanks. Contrary to what the Discovery Channel shows, these are modern cities, complete with Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Freighliner, Cat, Mercedes, VW, and any other dealership.

There is no way that Coach-Net is going to tow any RV from Anchorage to Seattle (Approx 2000 miles). If it cost me $5000 for 283 miles, that tow would cost more than $35,000. BULL.

Now Geico probably does not offer "Pet Return Assistance." Read deeper and I bet you find that this is not a free service. They will arrange to return your pet, but you pay all the fees. I could do this myself and cut out the middle man.
2015 Jayco Greyhawk 31DS
2013 Ram 1500 Laramie Hemi
2008 Yamaha FJR Sport Touring Bike in the bed of the truck

PapPappy
Explorer
Explorer
We had a Coach-Net Rep talk at the last RV Seminar I went to at Howard RV in Wilmington....it was eye opening.

Check your Geico policy, and see how far they will tow you, and if they will tow your toad or care for your dog, if something puts you in the hospital?
Coach-Net will.....they have a new program that will transport your pet to anyplace you want it to go....back home to a neighbor, or to a Kennel.
They will tow your RV (as well as any car you happen to be in, even if you don't actually own it), to the destination that is best for the vehicle.

The Rep told us about an RV that was up in Alaska, with a particular engine that would require a particular Service Shop....they towed it almost 2000 miles.....your Insurance plan isn't going to do that....heck, you'll be lucky if they tow you 10 miles.

They also have Techs on the phones who know RVs....and can help with some of the problems that put you on the side of the road....or send a Tech to the campground, if say, your slide won't come back in, and you can't drive with it open. I'm guessing Geico won't do that!

Only thing she mentioned that they don't tow, is "stupid".....so if you take your RV out in to the boonies, and get stuck, you are probably on your own....after all, it's called "Road-side" assistance.

If you get the Coach-Net (about $150/year and it covers all your cars and all your family drivers (under the age of 26))...you may want to contact Geico, and see if you can get a discount, if you drop their roadside assistance?

Check your policy...they are NOT the same.

I have AAA for my cars, but will be switching to Coach-Net....and no, they are not paying me to say all this stuff!:)
I wish they were:B
Bill & Claudia / DD Jenn / DS Chris / GS MJ
Dogs: Sophie, Abby, Brandy, Kahlie, Annie, Maggie, Tugger & Beau ๐Ÿ™‚
RIP: Cookie, Foxy & Gidget @ Rainbow Bridge.๐Ÿ˜ž
2000 Winnebago "Minnie" 31C, Ford V-10
Purchased April 2008:B FMCA# F407293
The Pets

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
Your Coach-Net ERS includes unlimited towing (except for the "Limited" plan) for any non-commercial highway vehicle you own, rent, or borrow. That would seem to make your GEICO ERS redundant. The Coach-Net plans also include many other features that GEICO doesn't offer of course.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate