cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Good Sam Route Planning

Ole_B
Explorer
Explorer
Have any of you tried to use the Good Sam route planning section? I have tried to use the free service for three days, with no luck. I am a member and properly logged in. When trying to use the route planning part it sends me back to logging in again, this keeps going over and over again. Thanks for your help.
5 REPLIES 5

BobGed
Explorer
Explorer
Mortdd wrote:
Thanks Bobged... I have retried it and it does work like you say but limits you to 25 "things-to-do" to put on the trip. It would appear that one would have to break up a trip to get all that is wanted/needed for an entire trip unless I am missing something!

Hmmm, that's interesting. I have a trip I just did from Carson City, NV, to Red Bay, AL, via I-40. With the map zoomed all the way out to view the entire trip, Under Things To Do I checked the first four and came up with the following:

PFJ - 18
Rest Stops - 51
CW Stores - 2
Amusement - 139

They are all showing on the map, but when I'm zoomed all the way out one marker will be hiding other markers behind it. The more I zoom in the more I see of the underlying markers.

What are your trip origin and destination points?
2017 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH
2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited

Mortdd
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Bobged... I have retried it and it does work like you say but limits you to 25 "things-to-do" to put on the trip. It would appear that one would have to break up a trip to get all that is wanted/needed for an entire trip unless I am missing something!
D and K
Just the 2 of us now! Unless the grandkids come along.
Coachmen Encounter 37TZ Life Time Good Sam Member

BobGed
Explorer
Explorer
Mortdd wrote:
I have used it several times but I am not happy with it. The old one which I still use allows you to plan a trip showing all rest stops, RV parks, gas etc. all along the way. The new one does not seem to show them except at your different destinations. It appears they have built this for immediate use with apps and not to be used with computers for planning.

I like to plan our trips with all the info and print them out. That we we can know ahead of time how far to a rest stop or gas station etc. We do not use smart phones.

Click on the Campgrounds and Things To Do menu choices on the left hand side of the screen. Then check what you want it to show, which it will do for the entire route.

I just completed a trip from NV to AL with some waypoints added to avoid certain areas. I then uploaded it to my RVND 7720 and everything worked as planned.

Mortdd
Explorer
Explorer
I have used it several times but I am not happy with it. The old one which I still use allows you to plan a trip showing all rest stops, RV parks, gas etc. all along the way. The new one does not seem to show them except at your different destinations. It appears they have built this for immediate use with apps and not to be used with computers for planning.

I like to plan our trips with all the info and print them out. That we we can know ahead of time how far to a rest stop or gas station etc. We do not use smart phones.
D and K
Just the 2 of us now! Unless the grandkids come along.
Coachmen Encounter 37TZ Life Time Good Sam Member

BobGed
Explorer
Explorer
I have used it quite often and really like it. When I login I'm doing the following:
From the top menu I highlight Plan A Trip and then from the drop down I select Route Your RV Trip. At the next screen I click on the large red rectangle box titled Plan Your Trip. It then takes me to the program screen.