cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Good Sam Trip Planner

Mortdd
Explorer
Explorer
I find the new Good Sam trip planner about useless. Is it just me or do others have the same issues?

The old one, which is still available, would show the rest stops, fuel stations etc. on the display and printout.

Is there a good trip planner out there?
D and K
Just the 2 of us now! Unless the grandkids come along.
Coachmen Encounter 37TZ Life Time Good Sam Member
7 REPLIES 7

BobGed
Explorer
Explorer
bhasse wrote:
I thought the Good Sam Trip Planner was supposed to be RV friendly. I am planning a trip to Glacier National Park this summer and the trip planner routes me on the Going to The Sun Road to get to the west side of the park. No way is a 35 ft motor home allowed to take that road. I know I can change the route manually, but the planner should already avoid that road with the RV Warnings activated.

On the right side of the map is the RV Warnings box checked ON? If so, then click on Customize and it will bring up a menu with some options to be checked or unchecked as desired.
2017 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH
2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited

bhasse
Explorer
Explorer
I thought the Good Sam Trip Planner was supposed to be RV friendly. I am planning a trip to Glacier National Park this summer and the trip planner routes me on the Going to The Sun Road to get to the west side of the park. No way is a 35 ft motor home allowed to take that road. I know I can change the route manually, but the planner should already avoid that road with the RV Warnings activated.

BobGed
Explorer
Explorer
The new Trip Planner will show rest stops and PFJ locations as well as other info. Just click on Things To Do.

I used it to route a trip I'm on now from Carson City, NV, to Red Bay, AL, and downloaded it to my 7720. I am currently in Holbrook, AZ, and so far everything has worked flawlessly.
2017 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH
2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited

BillMFl
Explorer
Explorer
I like the new trip planner map display because you can change the route my moving and qlicking. Much faster and easier to compare. I like the old planner for the way you can build yor trip segments with combined distances and trip time.
Order is illusion. Chaos is reality. But right or wrong I'm still the captain. ๐Ÿ™‚

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Yup. It was the Woodalls one.....but Good Sam took that one down because they THOUGHT theirs was better. :R

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

deandec
Explorer
Explorer
I have begun to use the RV Parky App for Android from Goggle Play Store.

Since it is free, the cost is right. I guess it depends on what planning you need for your trips.

We also use RV Park Reviews web page and Google Earth, and Google Maps.

For GPS guidance we use Sygic on our Android tablet and phones.
Dean
95 CC Magna, Jeep GC

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
We use an old Trailer Life directory. 2011 version for locating campgrounds.
We use Microsoft Streets and Trips for our main trip planning. We bought the version with the included GPS antenna. This works with the Old TL program.
We have the new version of RV plan & Go by Undertow software. It is the people that did the TL directory. It has the campgrounds but no information as in the TL directory.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker