cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gutter drip streaks on glass and sides?

Shipper
Explorer
Explorer
I have streaks on the side windows and side wall paint from the gutter drips when my A/Cs are running. I now have gutter extensions but need to remove existing streaks from windows and sidewalls. DW thinks "Lime-Away" should work on the glass, but what can I use on the paint on a three month old coach? Thanks for any replies!
:?

"I'm not insensitive, It's probably that I just don't care!"

8 REPLIES 8

kevden
Explorer
Explorer
Black streak remover from Walmart in the rv section works great. I have read on this forum that the orange cleaner from the dollar store works good, too.
2012 Keystone Outback 312bh

2003 GMC Yukon XL 2500 4X4 Quadrasteer

2010 VW Routan
2007 Chrysler Pacifica AWD

fourmat
Explorer
Explorer
using a spray on polish non abrasive any auto store or walmart will not hurt the paint. They do not recommend wax for 6 mo to allow paint to gas off these spray ons don't seal and only last a short time
2009 Challenger

jlrobison2
Explorer
Explorer
To extend the drip farther from the side . I used a wood close pin .

Shipper
Explorer
Explorer
Tiffin recommends that I don't wax for the first 6 months. I like the eraser on the glass-not sure about the painted sidewall.

"I'm not insensitive, It's probably that I just don't care!"

eheading
Explorer
Explorer
We use a good auto wax too. Works great on our motorhome.

Ed Headington

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
I have the same problem and all I ever do is use a good auto polish on the painted surface. And streaks are gone. I do try to keep those areas polished all the time for that very reason.
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
I also like the eraser!

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
I've heard of all kinds of solutions, but for me, I use a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Just wipe and do not press hard. Don't need to. Try a small area first. Easy and doesn't mess up paint, but will remove your wax. I wouldn't want to use Lime-away anywhere on the exterior of any RV, no matter what the skin is made of. Mr. Clean Eraser WILL work with no problems on your windows.