cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Head Light Lens Fogged Up

11B
Explorer
Explorer
MY Head Light Lens Fogged Up on the inside. any recommendation's on how to get inside them and clean them up? Also is there anything you can put on the inside to stop this from happening again.
7 REPLIES 7

Snomas
Explorer
Explorer
I had to replace mine since they would not clear up w/ the lens cleaner/polishing method. The inside of the lens was also clouded from aging!!!
2006 WINNEBAGO ASPECT 29H Ford E450 Super Duty
2018 F150 Lariat Crew Cab, Coyote 5.0 L RWD

allbrandauto
Explorer
Explorer
drill little hole in bottom of lens turn on headlights for awile and heat of light will evaporate condensation

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bust out the plastic, put some duct tape around the sharp edges and you're golden.....:W

...or simply replace them. Without knowing what lenses are on your coach, it's pretty much a******shoot at this point.....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
I drilled very small holes in the bottom of the headlights on my fathers van. They were not only fogged up but had standing water in them. That was around six months ago and they are now clear. Good luck.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

Stefonius
Explorer
Explorer
Fog on the inside is usually due to condensation. There should be weep holes on the bottom of the headlamp assembly that allow the moisture to escape. Make sure they are not blocked by debris.
2003 F450 Crew Cab, 7.3 PSD "Truckasaurus"
2010 Coachmen North Ridge 322RLT fiver "Habitat for Insanity"
I love my tent, but the DW said, "RV or Divorce"...

msturtz
Explorer
Explorer
What kind of coach I.e. Year, make, and model would be helpful.
FMCA member

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you can pull the headlight assembly out, you can remove the bulb from the back and dump some Lime-a-way in to the lens. If they are glass, like my Hella headlights, this will clean them.
If your headlight lens is plastic, I think the only thing you can do is buy a new lens if they are fogged on the inside.