cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Heated Basement Sunova

bfacklam
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2016 Sunova 33c and am trying to find out if it has a heated basement that will protect the water tanks and lines down to a temperature of 15 degrees. No information in the manuals. I think if we run the propane furnace and keep the the hot water heater on we will have enough heat in the basement. Should we put a small heater or a trouble light in the bay where the tanks and water lines are located? Any and all advice will be appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5

Yellowboat_
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2016 Sightseer 33C. My rig has a heater vent in my wet bay that blows hot air when the propane furnace is blowing.

If you have a question call Winnebago in Forest City, Iowa, talk to a service technician and they can tell you exactly how your RV is configured.

Safe travels. JD
2016 Winnebago Sightseer 33C on a 2016 Ford F53 Chassis
2009 Saturn VUE
Buddy our Bichon Frise
JD & Kathy

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
It will be fine. Really the same coach as my Winnebago Vista. I did have a pump freeze-up when the temp dropped to 0 in Tonopah NV a couple years ago. The utility bay (which has passages throughout the 'underbelly') has two 'holes' that connect to an area behind and under the main bed. Just general convection wasn't moving enough warm air down through the holes so I added a small computer fan that runs anytime the main coach power switch is on. Cured that issue!

bfacklam
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for this idea. I have one of those plugins and it would keep things warm, but prevent overheating. I also can use a remote thermometer to monitor the temp. Good idea. I cannot find any furnace venting in this bay.

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
They make a thermostatically controlled plug that you can use with an incandescent trouble light. This will turn the light on at around 32 degrees and protect your wet compartment.
Some coaches have a vent that will direct SOME heat in to the basement from the furnace, but not all coaches have this feature.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Question is: do you have enough propane to keep the tanks warm at 15*?
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE