Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help with class C - thinking of Sprinter

steveandjil
Explorer
Explorer
Dear All:

Haven't been on these forums in a long time. Need some help. We have had an entry level Sunnybrook Fifth wheel for 11 years. We used it a huge amount except for the last couple of years. The kids are now grown and out of the house, and my wife and I miss having an RV. The Sunnybrook is getting very decrepit, and it's probably time for a change if we are going to travel at all.

We were thinking of downsizing as many have done as a way to make the trips easier and hence more enjoyable. We looked at a bunch of options, and one that impresses is the Sprinter chassis class C's. How have people liked this? Here are some very specific questions:

1) Do you pull a toad, or just drive the coach around?
2) How reliable has it been for you?
3) We saw the Thor product and the Winnebago. Back in the day, Thor did not exactly have a great reputation, but why is the winnebago so much more money?
4) If you downsized as we may, are you happy with the choice.

Thanks in advance,

Steve
Steve Schwartz

2015 Winnebago View
15 REPLIES 15

jbbrick
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe take another look at the Winnie with the new Promaster chassis, I think it looks pretty good. I'm not a big diesel booster mainly because of price, fuel price, upkeep, and are you going to drive it 200,000 miles? I think for normal usage gas is better in the long run. Just my opinion and you'll get a lot more.
'06 Itasca Suncruiser 33'
2016 Ford Edge toad