cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with rear camera

Carrluvr
Explorer
Explorer
Hello I am having a problem with the camera on the back of my 2013 Chateau 31A. The camera is connected to a Pioneer AVH-P1400DVD system. The issue I am having is the video seem very dark. Yesterday in the afternoon I was hooking up my tow vehicle to test all the connections(first trip with a tow) and the only thing I could see on the screen was the reflection of the sun in the tow's headlights everything else is dark. A similar issue happened when I test drove the rig before we bought it but I failed to asked what they did to fix the problem. I have checked to make sure the camera isnt dirty. What else can I try. Help we leave Thursday. I do have a call into the dealer and I'm also going to call Thor.

:h
1 REPLY 1

Gonzo42
Explorer
Explorer
IMHO, bright spots tend to overwhelm the total picture as the system attempts to average out the brightness for the whole display.

A cheap experiment might be to make some 'eyebrows', keeping light from going up toward the camera.

Another thing you might try is cleaning the video cable connections (all of them) from the camera to the monitor.
MOTHER SHIP Winnebago View 24H (2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis, 2008 Body)3.0 L M-B Diesel V6 bought used with 24K miles. Toad: ROCKY the Flying Squirrel.