cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How many of us are there? Owners of Dodge based RV's?

whiteknight001
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm new here, and curious.

How many of us in Class C own Dodge B300 incomplete
cab/chassis based RV's? I know two others- Steve aka
Ripsaw, with a 1977 Brougham, and Leroy aka 1978_Dodge
_Delta who owns a 440V8 powered sharp looking 1978
Delta RV. I would like to ask, and offer, help, idea
swapping and comparing notes on our particular RV's
which are based on the Dodge B300 van chassis.

Yeah, I know. These are low tech, podgy old RV's that
would be considered "entry level" for folks like me,
but I have a deep and abiding respect for the quality
of these old "monsters of the open road". And anyone
wanting to pick brains, joke about, share notes or just
brag about our old A- Dodge-io's are certainly welcome
to PM or email me. Between all of us we can form a real
good support group, and help each other with problems
we know we'll encounter with an older vehicle.

Sure. I'd love a new RV. But I'd rather have an older
one already paid for, and a lotta great memories. Call
me frugal, an old hippie, or whatever you will. I'm proud
of my old land yacht.

Mopar Madness Manifest in the flesh,

Mark aka White Knight

P.S. Mine's a '72. Is there an older one out there someone's
motorvating in? Maybe even a Travco? W/K
1972 Mobile Traveler 20' Dodge B300 Class C
"The Kobayashi Maru" Trans- Prarie Land Craft
"Requiescat in pace et in amore..."
8,369 REPLIES 8,369

Kendas
Explorer
Explorer
DaChiNooK-440 wrote:
Another New "Old Dodge Motorhome" owner here.

I just bought a 78 chinook concourse M-19 model the other day and thought i,d pop in on this thread and say Hi .
Welcome DaChiNook-440. Obviously it has a 440 in it. You'll notice that there are quite a few of us that do, so if you need help on it feel free to ask. Now, how about some pictures? In and Out... If you don't know how on this site click Here to learn.

Ken
1978 21ft Tioga Dodge 440 Motor,
4.5kw Generac and 80 watts Solar
1984 Goldwing Interstate (Daily driver)
Misc Things I've done to my RV pictures

USAF Retired
To Err is human... To Forgive is not SAC Policy.

AstroRig57
Explorer
Explorer
Ooops. Clicked on the wrong thread.

"Never mind."
2005 Winnebago Sightseer WFD30B "rigged for night" with red LED lighting for night adapted vision.

Do you remember when the sky was dark, and the stars were bright?
The International Dark-Sky Association
American by birth...Scottish by the Grace Of God.

ALnCORY
Explorer
Explorer
hey ChiNook,,, good to have you onboard
I don't think anyones dying statement ever contained the words "I wish I had spent more time in the office", so lets go somewhere!

Leeann
Explorer
Explorer
Hi and welcome!
'73 Concord 20' Class A w/Dodge 440 - see profile for photo

chinook440
Explorer
Explorer
Another New "Old Dodge Motorhome" owner here.

I just bought a 78 chinook concourse M-19 model the other day and thought i,d pop in on this thread and say Hi .

ALnCORY
Explorer
Explorer
mine has shoulder belts Overdrive. Its a 1974, the belts are mounted similar to any other van I have seen. Sorry I don't have a pic.
I don't think anyones dying statement ever contained the words "I wish I had spent more time in the office", so lets go somewhere!

Leeann
Explorer
Explorer
Kendas wrote:
Thanks Leeann and overdirve75!

I know on the "leak"... It's an aftermarket "dealer" installed system so it was never sealed as well as a "factory" system (uses hose clamps not sealed ends). Going to have to order some R12 "replacement" gas from Enviro-Safe for leak chasing (R12 is too expensive for leak testing). Not too big a leak, took 2 1/2 years for the last refill of 3lbs to get to the "no cooling" point so it looks like I get a can with the florescent dye in it too.

Ken

That's not that bad of a leak. I might not even worry about that, then. But, like you said, R12 is a bit expensive...

I'm just bein' jealous 'cause we don't have chassis AC ๐Ÿ˜‰ We want to be cool running down the road, we have to run the genny and roof AC.

overdrive75
Explorer
Explorer
Does anybody have shoulder belts in there Class C Dodge? If so what is the year and where is it anchored? Also can you please post a picture. Mine only had the lap belts in the front when we got it. I would like to have shoulder belts up front if possible, but not sure how to mount them. Thanks in advanced.

Kendas
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Leeann and overdirve75!

I know on the "leak"... It's an aftermarket "dealer" installed system so it was never sealed as well as a "factory" system (uses hose clamps not sealed ends). Going to have to order some R12 "replacement" gas from Enviro-Safe for leak chasing (R12 is too expensive for leak testing). Not too big a leak, took 2 1/2 years for the last refill of 3lbs to get to the "no cooling" point so it looks like I get a can with the florescent dye in it too.

Ken

USAF Retired

overdrive75
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on passing the emissions test.

Kendas
Explorer
Explorer
overdrive75 wrote:
I am in process of the 30 am outlet next to the barn garage door I park near. I have all the stuff and the breaker for in the pannel in the barn, I just need to do it. I am waiting for my brothers help on this one.
I've got most of the stuff to put mine out at the front of the front patio at mine. I just need about 50/60 feet (x3) of thhn 10 gauge and a new tubing bender (FIL broke it trying to bend galvanized).

I would love to put a sewer dump in too, but unless I "tap" my neighbor's sewer line I'd have to "tunnel" diagonally under a at "least 4 inch concrete driveway.

Ken

USAF Retired

Leeann
Explorer
Explorer
Not to mention see if you can find the leak so it doesn't happen again...

But GREAT on passing!

Kendas
Explorer
Explorer
Kendas wrote:
๐Ÿ˜ž I wish would cool off here... 90 yesterday, 91 today, and supposed to be 88 tomorrow.

I may even have to run the truck A/C on the way to see if I'm closer to getting past emissions. :B
Good new/Bad news...

Good: IT PASSED EMISSIONS ON STRAIGHT IDLE TEST. Did not have to do a "condition run" on the rollers at the emissions station. Thanks for all the suggestions (which I took other than R&R of the carb).

Bad: Leaked out all the R12 so the chassis A/C didn't work... Now I have to get some more (3 @$25 a 12oz "pound") before summer.

Ken

USAF Retired

ALnCORY
Explorer
Explorer
Didn't do any work on mine yet. Almost did yesterday as the weather was great early in the day so I planned on leaving work early and check some stuff out but by afternoon the rain had started. So far though, I haven't had any new leaks since sealing all I could find last year. Fingers crossed.

overdrive75
Explorer
Explorer
I am in process of the 30 am outlet next to the barn garage door I park near. I have all the stuff and the breaker for in the pannel in the barn, I just need to do it. I am waiting for my brothers help on this one.